Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently took norethisterone for a week to delay my period but now I'm confused about when I'm next due on because I'm not sure if taking the pills adjusts your cycle? Would day 1 be the day I was initially due to come on, or is day 1 when I came on after stopping taking the pills?
    Sorry if i explained this in a confusing way but I need to know when I'm next due on because I'm going away again in just less than 2 weeks

Your cycle changes once you use the tablets. So if you stopped taking the tablets on the 26th (thus coming on your period on that day) for example, you would then come on on the 26th of the next month

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks I hope you're right because I really don't want to be on for my next holiday (which I would be if next period is due on usual date), and I don't know if you can take it two months in a row.

hiya, I'm thinking of asking my GP to prescribe me for Norethisterone.
    I'm going to Leeds Festival from 26th-31st August so my first pill free day would be the 1st September which is coincidentally my normal due date (however I started this month's today), would I get my period that same day or would it only begin a couple of days after stopping taking the pill?

If it is a couple of days later, how long after stopping taking it do you periods go back to their normal cycle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hiya, I'm thinking of asking my GP to prescribe me for Norethisterone.
    I'm going to Leeds Festival from 26th-31st August so my first pill free day would be the 1st September which is coincidentally my normal due date (however I started this month's today), would I get my period that same day or would it only begin a couple of days after stopping taking the pill?

If it is a couple of days later, how long after stopping taking it do you periods go back to their normal cycle?
    If are due on the the 1st of September I don't know why you would need to postpone your period,since the festival ends on 31st August?

You are meant to take norethisterone 3 days before you are due on your period, and then once you stop taking the pills you normally come on after 2-3 days.However, if you are only postponing your period for a day or two then you would probably come on sooner than 3 days after not taking the pills.

ReputationRep:
    You can take no more than 2 pill packets in a row. Anything above that, you need to speak to your GP.

Medically, day one is the day that you begin your bleed not the day you begin taking your pills. However, everyones cycles are different so theres no right or wrong, you just have to sit down and work out whats right for you !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.