Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a female is 30% body fat really bad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please Delete!!

ReputationRep:
    your overweight:eek:

ReputationRep:
    How are we meant to answer? No one knows what you look like, the calculators aren't accurate, you didn't get a physical test done?

You ate a whole pack of jaffa cakes... thats quite a lot...

apparently, according to wikipedia 32% and onwards is overweight but you did only do some calculator thing

ReputationRep:
    A whole packet of jaffa cakes...thats minor!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    what size are you out of interest? some people can be really thin looking and have a pretty high fat ratio when they do that thing at boots...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    A whole packet of jaffa cakes...thats minor!!!!!
    its not good for you though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    what size are you out of interest? some people can be really thin looking and have a pretty high fat ratio when they do that thing at boots...
    My waist is 32ins at the moment...

I'm smallish like don't LOOK hugely overweight but i'm fatty rather than muscely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    its not good for you though :p:
    yeah my eating is pretty bad at the moment hence the weight gain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starvla246)
    yeah my eating is pretty bad at the moment hence the weight gain

Do you do any exercise?

ReputationRep:
    Anything over 10% is bad for a female = you lose it and become hideous.

ReputationRep:
    BMI is a better test, if it's due to overeating, I would plan your meals, so they're are less fatty/more healthy and contain only around 2000 calories altogether (national average for women)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Anything over 10% is bad for a female = you lose it and become hideous.
    I know your messing aroun but some ppl might think you're serious!

women need atleast 10%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    I know your messing aroun but some ppl might think you're serious!

women need atleast 10%
    No man, i'm serious, they look like witches and VERY UGLY when they are over 10%

ReputationRep:
    The percentage of fat for healthy women is 27%, so 30% is probably not that bad. However you do need to lose those extra 3% as they can add up and cause harm. Watch what you eat and take up some daily activity.

ReputationRep:
    No man, i'm serious, they look like witches and VERY UGLY when they are over 10%

Women should have around 20% bodyfat.

ReputationRep:

Misinforming people is not cool. That woman has at least 35% fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starvla246)
    Hi guys

I'm an 18 year old female weighing 130lbs and I'm 5ft 4. I did a circumference test just to get an idea of my body fat and it's coming back at 29.99% body fat.
    Is that really bad?

I know I've got a bit chubby, only today I ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes...

What does 30% mean for my health though?

Before you guys say "it's not an accurate measure" I know that I'm just getting and idea of how bad it's got...
    Well apparently your BMI is 22.3 which is way within the healthy range (18.5 - 25)

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Misinforming people is not cool. That woman has at least 35% fat.
    Sue me.

ReputationRep:
    I ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes...
    haha I did that once, but then I became a bit of a health freak and will never be doing that again. I have a sweet tooth but the thought of sugar has been making me feel a bit sick recently because I'm now used to eating healthy sweet things, eg. melon, strawberries, yoghurt, raw carrot, drinking hot water with honey and lemon instead of horrible caffiene filled drinks. I feel much healthier than I did before (but I've recently found out I need to be eating more). So my advice would be to do what I did, but make sure you still eat enough afterwards lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Well apparently your BMI is 22.3 which is way within the healthy range (18.5 - 25)

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
    BMI is a lousy indicator of health compared to bodyfat. I'd expect a reasonably healthy woman to be around 25%, dropping to closer to 20% for someone athletic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.