Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a female is 30% body fat really bad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starvla246)
    Hi guys

I'm an 18 year old female weighing 130lbs and I'm 5ft 4. I did a circumference test just to get an idea of my body fat and it's coming back at 29.99% body fat.
    Is that really bad?

I know I've got a bit chubby, only today I ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes...

What does 30% mean for my health though?

Before you guys say "it's not an accurate measure" I know that I'm just getting and idea of how bad it's got...
    someone your age could be healthy at between 14% and 32% body fat according to:

http://www.dietandfitnessresources.c..._fat_chart.htm.

BMI is lousy because rugby players can have a body fat of 15% and a BMI of 30 so i wouldnt go with that as a measurement. ignore "CookieArun", he doesnt know what hes talking about.

ReputationRep:
    ouch, but not that serious...

ReputationRep:
    Women need at least 13% as "essential fat" and then there's regular fat. I got mine measured yesterday My body fat is 23% which is in the "good-excellent" range. On my ticket thing (from the machine) it says...
    Excellent - 20.9%
    Good - 25.7%
    Average - 29%
    Poor - 33.6%

You seem to be ok according to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    No man, i'm serious, they look like witches and VERY UGLY when they are over 10%

if a woman had below 10% she'd have a washboard six pack and all the rest. women naturally just don't go there.

Anyway, 30% is healthy, but it's more or less on the edge of healthy, if you gained more fat it'd easily peak over into the 'overfat' category.

ReputationRep:
    32 inch waist?
    yo i'm 6'3 and that's my waist size

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I'm an 18 year old female weighing 130lbs and I'm 5ft 4. I did a circumference test just to get an idea of my body fat and it's coming back at 29.99% body fat.
    Is that really bad?

I know I've got a bit chubby, only today I ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes...

What does 30% mean for my health though?

Before you guys say "it's not an accurate measure" I know that I'm just getting and idea of how bad it's got...
    Well it bloody well isn't

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...e#post19839344

There you go some info on teh BF % scale.

If it is in the ball park and you as you say are a pavement cracking heffalump with Stay Puft marshmallowman like qualaties then yes, you probably are a fat mess so shut your cakehle and stop eating packs of jaffa cakes ffs!

Save some food for the rest of the world, nobody likes fat girls, they are disgusting but always give head just so they can have an extra creamy meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    No man, i'm serious, they look like witches and VERY UGLY when they are over 10%
    Good to see you like your women infertile.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. That's about average for Scottish girls.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    its normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimothy)
    Don't worry. That's about average for Scottish girls.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siniquity)
    The real question is, do you feel healthy? I exercise every day because I enjoy it and I don't snack just I just have my 3 main meals. I'm 126 pounds which is around 9stone and I feel happy and healthy. Who cares what others think?
    Just becuase he feels like a superhero

Does not make him one!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha. Lol at judging health by how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    you make me sick

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna try and lose some fat but it'll probs end up like all my other attempts

Today was my last day of eating alot of junk food for a while

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna try and lose some fat but it'll probs end up like all my other attempts

Today was my last day of eating alot of junk food for a while
    if your not with it at the start it wont last long, you need to be commited!!

and remember you can't just diet, you should exercise as well

good luck :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    if your not with it at the start it wont last long, you need to be commited!!

and remember you can't just diet, you should exercise as well

good luck :p:
    Yeah I know

ReputationRep:
    No it's not too bad, I would say it is average..but taking up exercise and cutting out junk food will help you lose some of the fat.

ReputationRep:
    you are the same fat percent as a ginsters chicken and mushroom slice

Your BMI is in the healthy range. The normal bodyfat % for a women is 25% and you need at least 22% for normal ovulation. 30% is a little high but can easily be brought down with a healthier diet and exercise.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=2b7fa8c04f

These are the pics

*throws up*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.