Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so parents have been annoying and bugging me to get a job i got so desperate and phoned everywhere finally got through to brantanos to my suprise they asked me to come for an interview the same day (yesterday) so i did she explained how it would only be a few hours at minimum wage i didnt care i just thought it would get my parents off my back. But today i realised getting there and back would cost be £7.00 and im earning £4.77 at 4 hours,my mum and dad went crazy me and my mum had a massive fight shes not talking to me !!! know i just want to quit! But i dont know how to i mean she did the induction and paperwork but shes not putting the paperwork through till friday so what do you think? Would this affect future jobs I will feel so bad getting there is so annoying but she did say to me its only a few hours so its my fault right?:eek3:

Walk in, say you've changed your mind, then leave and never return. It won't affect future jobs.

ReputationRep:
    At interviews they usually ask why you left your last job...but if you don't actually do a shift there then you haven't really worked anywhere so you can just say you've never had a job. Do what FXX said and then consider future jobs more carefully.

ReputationRep:
    been there done that and gave the t-shirt back :P only read the title, im 2 tired to read!

ReputationRep:
    not worth it for that amount, just miss it off your cv and forget about it.
    Sod what your mum thinks, would she go out to work for the sake of a tenner?

ReputationRep:
    If you do this after all the paperwork has been put through, your employer will be pissed.

Before Friday, ring her up and explain that although you would love to do the job you have just realised that the practicalities of getting to and from work are unsuitable. Because of this, regrettably, you will not be able to continue to work for them. You are sorry and you hope you have not caused too much headache! You wish the employer good luck in the future and say your goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to put it on your CV so it won't make a difference.

If you do, and an interviewer asks about it just explain that it wasn't financially viable for you to keep that job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_libra)
    ok so parents have been annoying and bugging me to get a job i got so desperate and phoned everywhere finally got through to brantanos to my suprise they asked me to come for an interview the same day (yesterday) so i did she explained how it would only be a few hours at minimum wage i didnt care i just thought it would get my parents off my back. But today i realised getting there and back would cost be £7.00 and im earning £4.77 at 4 hours,my mum and dad went crazy me and my mum had a massive fight shes not talking to me !!! know i just want to quit! But i dont know how to i mean she did the induction and paperwork but shes not putting the paperwork through till friday so what do you think? Would this affect future jobs I will feel so bad getting there is so annoying but she did say to me its only a few hours so its my fault right?:eek3:
    Are you black?

ReputationRep:
    tell ur parents to provide ur transportation fund (Bus pass if bus)....if they refuse then it not worth doing it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have your job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    Are you black?
    Ha!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys im going to ring up on thursday as the women who did the induction with me is not going to be on thrusday!

ReputationRep:
    LMAO that reminds me of when someone at a pub told me that he was unemployed because in his last job he washed dishes and then he found out that he could not play the guitar with pruned fingers and so he quit his job after one day.

If someone can quit their job after one day for such a stupid reason, someone with a more sensible reason such as yours will have it good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    Are you black?
    not black im asian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_libra)
    not black im asian
    All makes sense now.

ReputationRep:
    which branch is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Walk in, say you've changed your mind, then leave and never return. It won't affect future jobs.
    white obama made me rofl

ReputationRep:
    I've done that before, in fact I didn't even get there on my first day after I realised i'd have to get a bus then a train then another bus :p:
    Tbf I rang them and explained and they said it would've probably been an issue me getting there anyway.
    Here I am now with no money saved for uni and no luck finding a summer job

ReputationRep:
    You could perhaps try and find out what the likelihood of extra hours will be in the near future, incase they suddenly find you many more hours!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.