Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all people from NEWQUAY and FALMOUTH please! watch

ReputationRep:
    hey!, well basically im hopefully going to be relocating to one of these areas or just a few minutes from one of these areas next year to go to college. my dads from wiltshire (not as far down i know) but he'll fit in fine with his accent and whatnot! but me and my mum are'nt familiar with theses areas so............

could you be so kind as to offer you're general opinions of the ares if you're native/spend time there alot.

ive heard newquays quite small and has no cinema :eek: is this right?

do both areas have good amenities, scenery, life style, chance of jobs (just retail for now) etc

ive heard both good and bad about both but im not bothered really, i live in north london atm and its crap (to me anyway) concreate jungle, polluted and building up big time with millions of shops and homes. thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in truro, but personally I prefer falmouth, as the town is a bit more quaint and the view over the river is nice, also it is better connected with more regular buses, and a rail link to Truro, whereas newequays rail line will take you to Par, which is only useful if you want to use the main rail line.

both towns are relatively touristy (but in different ways) so jobs should be OK, but cornwall is one of the poorest areas of the UK, so wages will be comparatively low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamer91)
    I'm in truro, but personally I prefer falmouth, as the town is a bit more quaint and the view over the river is nice, also it is better connected with more regular buses, and a rail link to Truro, whereas newequays rail line will take you to Par, which is only useful if you want to use the main rail line.

both towns are relatively touristy (but in different ways) so jobs should be OK, but cornwall is one of the poorest areas of the UK, so wages will be comparatively low.
    wow really?, tbh, im not all about the money but i hope its not too low.
    thanks for youre input though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo_Ryder89)
    wow really?, tbh, im not all about the money but i hope its not too low.
    thanks for youre input though
    yeah, no probs, anything else just ask.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.