Turn on thread page Beta

Prototype - your views. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking to get a game that is a lot of fun to play single player for those times when I really cba with multiplayer and whining 8 year old american noobs :p:

So what does everyone (who has played Prototype) reckon of it?

Also if anyone can recommend any other fun games for their single player alone then I am more than up for suggestions.

P.S. No RPGs of a western or japanese nature though please as that was covered in a different thread :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Get it.
    +1
    You won't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    +2

played it not expecting much, loved every minute

ReputationRep:
    +3

Amazing game

ReputationRep:
    Not played it, might if the positive reviews continue, Bioshock, best single player around, FPS with an amazing storyline.

ReputationRep:
    I got infamous instead. I wonder how good prototype is?? The ratings for Infamous are much higher though.

ReputationRep:
    didn't last very long, although reasonably fun while it did
    glad i didn't buy it.

If you haven't already, get the entire half life series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Not played it, might if the positive reviews continue, Bioshock, best single player around, FPS with an amazing storyline.
    I could never really get into Bioshock. The whole 'unlimited spawns' thing just killed the game for me.

ReputationRep:
    I loved it! Although I was rubbish at it lol. It's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I could never really get into Bioshock. The whole 'unlimited spawns' thing just killed the game for me.
    Ah I only died once or twice in the whole thing! I guess that could get pretty boring pretty quickly, but I'm a sucker for something with a good storyline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Ah I only died once or twice in the whole thing! I guess that could get pretty boring pretty quickly, but I'm a sucker for something with a good storyline.
    I just stuck the game on the hard setting once I noticed the unlimited spawns thing so basically went through the whole game beating people up with a wrench :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just stuck the game on the hard setting once I noticed the unlimited spawns thing so basically went through the whole game beating people up with a wrench :p:
    You know you can turn the vita-chambers (unlimited spawns) off?

ReputationRep:
    Prototype is, personally, the modern day Assassin's creed but much less repetitive. Yea, the campaign might be a bit short, but the events are good fun and the freedom is absoloutely awesome.

Just a shame you can't go streaking with alll your biomass shifted to your arse and your dong.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a ps3, I'd suggest infamous over prototype, personally I preferred the controls and story of infamous.

But prototype is an excellent game and the powers are so over the top!

ReputationRep:
    fallout 3?

ReputationRep:
    Ended up getting Prototype second hand £25.00

ReputationRep:
    Ended up getting Prototype second hand £25.00
    Well done.

You can thank me in the form of positive rep.

ReputationRep:
    Prototype is awesome. I've nearly finished the missions. When you beat them all, does the city go back to being not completely zombie infested? Cos at the minute everywhere has either hunters all over or super soldiers and biodetectors

I like it to just be easy and have good free roam that isn't stupidly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    Prototype is awesome. I've nearly finished the missions. When you beat them all, does the city go back to being not completely zombie infested? Cos at the minute everywhere has either hunters all over or super soldiers and biodetectors

I like it to just be easy and have good free roam that isn't stupidly difficult.
    You can start the game again with all your powers and have free roam before the virus.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.