The Killers- All These Things That I've Done Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    I saw these live :love:

It's like in Human - 'Are we human, or are we dancer?'

Why dancer? That doesn't make senseeee :confused:

Still a good song though
    (Original post by Cowboy Dan)
    Even if it was grammatically correct, doesn't make it a good lyric. And it's a Hunter S. Thompson Quote about America "raising a nation of dancers" or something. Quote or not it's still a bit crap though, you must admit.

And I used to think the lyrics to All These Things I've Done were deep and meaningful and now they just seem a bit silly to me. It's obviously about wanting to be remembered. But a lot of the lyrics seem like memorable but meaningless lines to me.

They were saying on the radio it might be 'denser'
    Which actually makes far more sense ..denser than just human. Dancer sounded like a load of crap tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Hot Fuss took some time to grow on me, I don't own Sams Town, Sawdust is good for a demi-album :p: but I absolutly love Day and Age, I can't think of a song that I don't like - absolute favourites are Spaceman and Neon Tiger
    Interesting. Day & Age is by far their weakest album for the poor second half of the album mostly because songs like A Dustland Fairytale are as good as any The Killers song, totally brilliant. Now the lyrics in that song are bloody brilliant. For the record Sawdust is as good as Hot Fuss and Sam's Town for me - but you would have to be a fan to appreciate it like that i guess, but i don't think there is a weak song on there anyway. Truly mesmerising first 3 albums, as i said shame about the second half of Day & Age.

This track is brilliant anyway, epic, and just superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    Haha, we were so lucky to be where we were - we had standing tickets and we got about 10m from the front without that much trouble. Everyone when crazy when Mr. Brightside came on

But the night was a little worrying when we were pretty sure there were some guys next to us with a bottle of piss. I can handle beer etc, but piss. No. *******. Way.
    I meant I saw the Bill Bailey bit on it live :p: am jealous of being that close to the Killers though, I bet the atmosphere was amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BittersweetSymphony)
    Have you seen the Bill Bailey sketch on his interpretations about this? 'I've got ham but I'm not a hamster....'
    Whenever I hear this song now I always sing the hamster line in my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koopa_coffee)
    By last two I meant Day & Age, and Sawdust (technically not an actual album....)

Sam's Town has its moments but for me it just lacked the excitement and originality that Hot Fuss had when it was first released.
    I agree. Hot Fuss was special, imo. Sam's Town was very disappointing for me (it did have a couple good songs). It just sounded like everything else... I think Hot Fuss sounded more 80s?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Seen the Killers twice live now (Aberdeen 2009 and T in the Park 2009) and definately the best gigs I've been to (better than Nickelback, Bon Jovi, Stereophonics and all the other artists at T this year)

As for the Albums, I think they get better and better. Day and Age my favourite definately. Hot fuss was a great debut but the lyrics aren't as sophisticated and meanfull as the lyrics to Day and Age and Sam's Town (apart from All These Things That I've done). But favourite song has got to be This River Is Wild and I love it how Brandon writes about things personal to him like Uncle Jonny, Why Do I Keep Counting and Dustland Fairytale. Adds a more intimate and meaningful aspect to the song. Best band in the world currently....

ReputationRep:
    Out of all of them I only liked Hot Fuss, but then again I'm a bassist and didn't see much in the later albums.

ReputationRep:
    love this song,Hot Fuss :love:....but i'm really not liking their new material at the moment

ReputationRep:
    How amazing is the Romeo & Juliet cover by the Killers? I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    Out of all of them I only liked Hot Fuss, but then again I'm a bassist and didn't see much in the later albums.
    I can definitely see how a bassist might only like Hot Fuss as Hot Fuss had some great bass lines for me - whilst their style changed after. Though Sam's Town is as good as Hot Fuss for me maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BittersweetSymphony)
    Have you seen the Bill Bailey sketch on his interpretations about this? 'I've got ham but I'm not a hamster....'
    Bahaha, I just Googled it - that is frickin hilarious :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    Whenever I hear this song now I always sing the hamster line in my head
    Same, earns you a few odd looks if you do it in public places I've found out... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Bahaha, I just Googled it - that is frickin hilarious :rofl:
    :yes: the man is a legend

ReputationRep:
    I think whoever said it's about having beliefs but not acting on them hit the nail on the head.

I love The Killers - my favourite band currently. All four of their albums are brilliant, though different styles I don't think any are weaker.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.