Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you love your bf/gf more than you love close members of your family? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you love your bf/gf more than you love close members of your family?
    I am a male - yes
    23.53%
    I am a male - no
    22.79%
    I am a female - yes
    22.06%
    I am a female - no
    31.62%

ReputationRep:
    Do you love your bf/gf more than you love close members of your family? What would hurt more losing a close member of your family or losing your bf/gf in an accident?

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao no. Losing family would hurt more.

ReputationRep:
    Mum > Boyfriend > Brother > Dad.

That's not really saying much though, I'm not too fond of my father or brother.

ReputationRep:
    I love my mother and grandmother don't get me wrong but my boyfriend is the most important person in my life, he comes before anyone else in all situations.

If I lost my mother I would be heartbroken if I lost him I would be soulbroken.

ReputationRep:
    family first for deffo!

ReputationRep:
    My partner is the closest person I have in my life, so yeah, I love him more than family. He's my best friend too, so that makes it super :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Family for sure!...I never got why some people put their bf/gf over their family :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is my world, my soul mate. Of course i would be devestated with losing a family member, but i couldnt function without my love <3

ReputationRep:
    I used to think this, but when he told me his family meant way more to him than I did, I stopped caring about it, and now my family definately comes before him.

ReputationRep:
    I love my family and my boyfriend, I'm only in love with my boyfriend. So when you add up the platonic love I have for everyone and being in love with only my boyfriend then yes I love him more.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a different kind of love aswell??

ReputationRep:
    Men don't love there partner more than there friends or family..... lol... but females do.
    `enuff said.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Not more, but same as.

He's not my bf, but there is a guy I love (in the same way as a girl would love their bf) much more than I love any of my family. If any of my family members died I would be upset, but I would come to accept it. If this guy died I wouldn't see the point in living anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Not more, but same as.
    Ditto.
    I couldn't possibly choose between them. My family are amazing and have supported me for 20 years, but I absolutely adore my partner and after all the time we've been together I can't imagine being without him.
    Ah!

ReputationRep:
    No way. Family always come first for me.

ReputationRep:
    I find some of the posts here hilarious. They talk about how they can't live without "the love of their life" when the chances are that they will break up within the next year. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    this girl who was in my year in school once told my table in science that she'd rather her mum died than her boyfriend, and her mum came with us on a school trip ages ago and she was the loveliest person ever and this girl loved her mum and their relationship was fine but she'd still rather her own mother died than her boyfriend, whos probably getting some **** pregnant as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    this girl who was in my year in school once told my table in science that she'd rather her mum died than her boyfriend, and her mum came with us on a school trip ages ago and she was the loveliest person ever and this girl loved her mum and their relationship was fine but she'd still rather her own mother died than her boyfriend, whos probably getting some **** pregnant as we speak.
    Exactly. People like this disgust me. Unfortunately, there are so many people like this. Good to see someone with a sense of perspective!

ReputationRep:
    No, but if it's like, a serious relationship, it's a different sort of love, one that can't really be compared. I'd say I'd then love them both equally, but in different ways.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.