Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you love your bf/gf more than you love close members of your family? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you love your bf/gf more than you love close members of your family?
    I am a male - yes
    23.53%
    I am a male - no
    22.79%
    I am a female - yes
    22.06%
    I am a female - no
    31.62%

ReputationRep:
    1.)Brother Glenn
    2.) Mum, dad and other brothers
    3.)Uncle Derek
    4.)Uncle Tomy and Joe
    5.) Grand Parents
    6.) gf

Dats my priority list too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Me)
    Isn't it a different kind of love aswell??
    This

Love is quite hard to measure, especially when its of a different kind, but I would say I love my girlfriend slightly more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Family for sure!...I never got why some people put their bf/gf over their family :dontknow:
    Not everyone gets on with their family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Not everyone gets on with their family.
    I guess so :/

ReputationRep:
    Well I've not got or ever had a boyfriend, but if I did then I can't imagine putting them first over family. Not at my age anyway.
    I guess I don't really know though.

ReputationRep:
    love my brother more than anything. he's the best friend ever

ReputationRep:
    It's not a question of "more" or "less" - it's in a different way.

ReputationRep:
    For me it goes

- Parents, Grandmother
    - Sister (This ones blurry, I'm really not sure if I put her on the same level as my parents)
    - gf, majority of aunties and uncles
    - Aunties and Uncles I'm not so fond of

I love my gf so much but I would definitely choose without question the people above her.

ReputationRep:
    I love them equally much but in very different ways

ReputationRep:
    Never been close to anyone in my family. "Blood is thicker than water" doesn't really apply in my case :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My family are the only people I'd give my life for, no one can be more important than they are.

ReputationRep:
    Family always come first. Even family you don't get on with will always be there. Theres no greater bond really. Sure your GF can eventually become family too but I don't think thats what your referring to.

EDIT: Sorry by family I'm referring to immediate relatives - mother/father & brothers/sisters.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this a few days ago. I really don't think I could make a priority list. I suppose if I was put in a situation where I could only save one person, then I would know. Thankfully thats unlikely to ever happen so I can be happy just knowing I love both my boyfriend and my family loads.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    no becuase it's a different kind of love :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I love them the same amount, in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    Currently, family comes first, and that's my boyfriend's attitude too.
    However I think if I met someone really special later on in life, they could end up coming first. It depends on how serious the relationship is. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend, but I know we won't be together forever (like some deluded people my age think) whereas my family will always be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Men don't love there partner more than there friends or family..... lol... but females do.
    `enuff said.
    Not really, i love my GF more than my family. My family are doing my head in and can't wait to get away from them :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's a different type of love. If I had to chose between my mum and my boyfriend, I really don't know. I couldn't live with myself if I let either of them die. Same with my dad, but would probably be less difficult to get over. At the start of our relationship it would be easier - parents, but now it's getting harder to chose. I can see that if we stay together that he will become more important than my parents.

ReputationRep:
    well, its hard to choose because you didnt put the' i love them just the same option'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    Currently, family comes first, and that's my boyfriend's attitude too.
    However I think if I met someone really special later on in life, they could end up coming first. It depends on how serious the relationship is. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend, but I know we won't be together forever (like some deluded people my age think) whereas my family will always be there.
    I have several family members who married in their teens and are still together, it does happen. I've had boyfriends in the past who I loved being with at the time but I didn't seriously see us toether in the long term. With my current boyfriend it is completely different though, we both see ourselves being together forever, I'm not deluded it just feels completely different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.