Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Guardian or The Times? watch

• View Poll Results: The Guardian or The Times?
    The Guardian
    51.85%
    The Times
    48.15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    I tend to read read on websites now in the following order: BBC, Guardian, Independent, Times, Telegraph and then Times Higher Education.
    I do pretty much the same, although I always like to round off by looking on the Daily Mail for a quick laugh

ReputationRep:
    Guardian. but I do enjoy the times as well on weekends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    The Grauniad.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    i prefer the times, used to be a fan of the independent,
    the telegraph and economist offer different views on issues that i like,
    i think the best way is to read about 3 or 4 different sources of information to reach a conclusion about an issue

ReputationRep:
    The Times any day. I don't care if it's owned by an Australian, at least it's not full of earnest-faced preachers.

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian for the weekdays and Times on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    the guardian. i don't like the times that much (though that might just be my anti-murdoch feelings coming out)

ReputationRep:
    I find the layout of The Times to be irritating as well. I mean who seriously thought it would be a good idea to have the leading articles on page 2!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithink)
    Murdoch doesn't own the Telegraph, the Barcly bro's do
    I know...realised that just after I posted but forgot to change it. I meant to write The Sun but I had The Telegraph in my head after reading it in an above post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    You can read it all online so I'd rather spend the 50p on a bar of chocolate.

I read Times Online anyway.
    Win

I like both, but if had to pick between the two...Guardian. Especially for Steve Bell's amazing cartoons.

ReputationRep:
    I like The Guardian, there's so much reading and the G2 pullout brilliant. I read The Times sometimes too. I hate paying for a newspaper, so I don't really read one, I use the BBC and newspaper websites, for free

ReputationRep:
    Guardian
    bcz i have been in one of their articles

ReputationRep:
    Times for a bit less slanted political view, the Guardian's not that bad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithink)
    The times because it isn't new labour's cheerleader, although if i'm honest i prefer the telegraph
    Have to agree whole-heartedly here. Im a telegraph fan but would prefer the Times to the Guardian.

to be truly honest the Guardian is down there with the Daily Star on the "biggest load of tripe ever to be printed as news". It truly is an appalling, un-ashamedly leftwing-bias joke for a newspaper.

ReputationRep:
    i find the times very very dull and boring, it can be very snobby sometimes with the smaller articles.

guardian is ok.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Guardian - I've just grown up reading it.....Mind you, the Sunday Times is marvelous!!

ReputationRep:
    The sun - because I like to read tripe while i eat my dinner

ReputationRep:
    The Times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I've grown up with The Times but I now prefer The Guardian. It's a generally better package during the week. The Sunday Times is awesome though, I still buy that.
    Sums me up quite nicely :p:

(Original post by bigman_ben)
    I'd rather use the money I'd spend on a paper in the newagents on some chocolate instead
    Lol, me too at times, me too..

Funnily enough as it stands the polls are exactly split down the middle :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.