Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holidays: Do you really like them? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you enjoy going on holiday?
    Yes, it's a nice change.
    80.00%
    No, it's horrible.
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I really don't like going on holiday. Cheap to keep. Anyone else feel the same, or do people think I am mad?

Why not just relax at home or go on a really short, 1 or 2 night break.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on long holidays, in general (though I loved my latest visit to Florida a few years ago!).
    I don't tend to go on trips much at all, really, but I do now work for a hospitality marketing company, and I've seen a lot of places I'd like to visit - attractions and accommodation that would give me a brilliant weekend. I'll be travelling much more once I pass my driving test.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love going on holiday, try to go as often as possible. I hate being home, I just love being on holiday and not having to worry about anything and just have a good time and a laugh. I'm so much happier once I'm out of England!

ReputationRep:
    I love it.
    I just enjoy seeing new places, trying different things. Also just the chance to get away, relax etc. Ive got plenty of places id like to visit.

ReputationRep:
    I detest it.
    My mum and dad go alone cause me and my brother locked ourselves in the appartment last time.
    Mainly cause I'm ginger, its hot and the foods rank.
    Much stay in my own house and sleep in my own bed where I know its perfectly clean.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not beach holidays or trips where you sit around and do nothing. I prefer adventure holidays or trips where you see lots.

(Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I detest it.
    My mum and dad go alone cause me and my brother locked ourselves in the appartment last time.
    Mainly cause I'm ginger, its hot and the foods rank.
    Much stay in my own house and sleep in my own bed where I know its perfectly clean.
    Lol not everywhere has bad food, is hot, and unclean. Besides what harm can a little bit of dirt do

ReputationRep:
    I really need a holiday! I'd love to go to Rome for a week, or Paris

ReputationRep:
    At first i thought this thread was a joke!
    I love going on holiday :love: I think it's healthy to get away for a few days / couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Yes, but not beach holidays or trips where you sit around and do nothing. I prefer adventure holidays or trips where you see lots.

Lol not everywhere has bad food, is hot, and unclean. Besides what harm can a little bit of dirt do
    I refuse to eat meat of dairy in forgien countries to the food is pretty crap for me :laugh:
    Swine flue? STD? Food poisoning?
    Where isn't hot? Its just not much fun when I still get sunburn in Scotland tbh - I look like casper

ReputationRep:
    I like going on holiday but only if it it's too somewhere hot with beaches, otherwise I really dont see the point. And spending a week tied to family can get annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Holidays are great, although I do like to not spend them sitting around all the time.
    I like seeing interesting things and doing a bit of scuba diving. Not as fun in the cold waters at home.

ReputationRep:
    I voted no, until I realised what you mean.
    I thought you meant the huge break for summer.

ReputationRep:
    Yep but I'm not interested in the 'typical' sunny British holiday destinations.

I'd rather stay in a hostel and stay / travel around for longer instead of splashing out on a hotel for a week.

ReputationRep:
    yes I love it but I don't love it cos I'm not a happy bunny to be going on holiday and enjoying myself atm.

ReputationRep:
    how the hell can't you like holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Well our holiday is only ever in one same country, its horrible.
    I just like going on the plane.

ReputationRep:
    I like going on holiday when it's to somewhere I really like. But a lot of the time my parents will just ask me and then ask why I want to go there, and then decide on somewhere else themselves. I really want to go to Egypt and visit the pyramids, food and experience the culture, but my dad "doesn't like Egyptians", all because his ex boss' son was Egyptian and got a promotion instead of him :mad: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a holiday right now . Yeah, I do like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I refuse to eat meat of dairy in forgien countries to the food is pretty crap for me :laugh:
    Swine flue? STD? Food poisoning?
    Where isn't hot? Its just not much fun when I still get sunburn in Scotland tbh - I look like casper
    Why only in foreign countries? Or do you not eat meat in the UK too? America has a huge variety of vegetarian food, and its not that hot either on the east coast. You aren't going to get swine flu or an STD from food or a little dirt :rofl2: You may get food poisoning but its just as likely in England to be honest. Are you a hypercondriac? :p:

Oh and Japan has a lot of food you may like if you can eat fish. They are exceedingly clean (way more so than here) and the country isn't too hot either.

I love holidays because I love exploring new places, experiencing other cultures, new food and drink and spending time with friends (or getting to know new people in the case of some holidays like uni society tours etc) I'm not too keen on really hot climates or the thought of taking malaria tablets however there is still plenty of places to visit.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.