Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are My Feet Angled Weirdly? Watch

Yeah, are they? I have had a lot of people comment on how my feet are always angled oddly when I stand or walk (they are angled exactly like that when I walk too). Should I be concerned?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely to be natural anatomy, everyones turns a little, if not a lot

ReputationRep:
    Mine used to do that until I made the effort to walk with one foot in front of the other and pointed forwards. Having orthotics in my shoes also helped.

ReputationRep:
    Friggin' weirdo, why not call the bearded lady and a midget and you all can have a side show at the circus.

ReputationRep:
    errr it's probably something more to do with your knees than your feet.

if you're worried go see a doc.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: perhaps you're slightly bow-legged?

(Original post by Valkyrja)
    errr it's probably something more to do with your knees than your feet.

if you're worried go see a doc.
    What do you reckon it could be?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps your a *****.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a few guys who tend to walk like this.

(Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I've noticed a few guys who tend to walk like this.
    Is there anything else that you notice about such guys?

ReputationRep:
    Its more likely to be his muscles than his knee...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you reckon it could be?
    well it's probably just the shape of your knee joints....it's quite a common thing.

ReputationRep:
    yes they are. did you need to ask?

and thanks for posting 2 pics. the 1st was unclear on its own, but the other angle cleared it all up.

ReputationRep:
    My feet tilt outwards way more than that. I got it from my father who got it from his mother.

Yeah, it sucks. It'll wreck your back (go figure, the aforementioned relatives and I have that problem) and you'll have one hell of a swagger, but we have to live through it.

ReputationRep:
    You should take up yoga.

No, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Your feet are flat. It can end up mucking up your knees, hips and back (I should know!) so I recommend you go to your doc and ask them to refer you to a podiatrist, who will give you some orthotics. Once I got my feet straightened out I felt fitter and healthier than I ever have just because I'm walking so much more efficiently! It's so easy to fix,

Good luck!

(Original post by michaela_banana)
    Your feet are flat. It can end up mucking up your knees, hips and back (I should know!) so I recommend you go to your doc and ask them to refer you to a podiatrist, who will give you some orthotics. Once I got my feet straightened out I felt fitter and healthier than I ever have just because I'm walking so much more efficiently! It's so easy to fix,

Good luck!
    My feet aren't exactly flat :confused: Does that change anything?

Thanks for your help by the way.

ReputationRep:
    You look like your Duck Footed. My feet are almost parallel.

ReputationRep:
    You have flat feet it seems.

And I've seen this more common in guys that girls, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    They won't necessarily look flat, mine don't, but if you look at your knees I'd bet they turn inwards a little bit and your ankles roll in too.

Not sure about it being more common in guys than girls, if you look at people in the street it seems pretty even, but that could be because girls wear pumps which are terrible for your feet (!)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.