Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Annoys me when people use question marks for sentences that aren't questions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to seem like a Nazi but when people put question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions it really annoys me. I don't know why.

Am I the only one?

ReputationRep:
    You just did it there...

ReputationRep:
    No you're not?

ReputationRep:
    Commas are, the worst, and most annoying.

The weather is truly brilliant today? My name is Lefty Leo? Hmm, this is truly awesome?

See, the thing is, question marks almost always twist the meaning, so even though they might be in the wrong place, they still make sense, if you know what i mean?

ReputationRep:
    I also find it really irritating and smug when people use italics like this.

ReputationRep:
    Get some fresh air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I don't want to seem like a Nazi but when people put question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions it really annoys me. I don't know why.

Am I the only one?
    Yer i know what you mean???

ReputationRep:
    wow look what has begun.... *evil laugh*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it really pisses me off?

ReputationRep:
    you mean on forums? i dont really notice it. what does annoy me is when people intentionally make the thread name sentence cut off like half way and then continue in the post itself...as if like to intrigue us and make us interested in reading the thread...things like:

"is it possible to......."
    "i got a boyfriend but......"

etc.

i never read those threads

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.