Turn on thread page Beta

lost my driving licence...out on friday...out of date passport do? watch

ReputationRep:
    well like the title says ive lost my driving licence and im going out on friday and even tho i rarely get ID'd anymore it would be just my luck to be ID'd when i didnt have any on me.

I do have a passport but its a few years expired, does this matter? I've also got my student ID but i've heard they're a bit iffy with accepting those.

im sooo annoyed at myself for losing it...

Cheers everyone
    x

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it will matter if its expired..because your date of birth isnt going to change!

driving license cost £50 to replace apparently but luckily ive never misplaced mine.. i probs will now ive said but

ReputationRep:
    thats what i thought, but i was just wondering because the picture is from when i was like 12 or something...hah!

ReputationRep:
    Bouncers round where I live sometimes refuse out of date passports. Might have just been unlucky though.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where your going. Most places will refuse out of date id, however if your a girl / in a group i would highly doubt you'll get singled out. You can usually talk your way in "just this once"

ReputationRep:
    Depends if the bouncer/barman's a prat/thicko or not; out of date ID is only out of date for official purposes, it doesn't mean bars shouldn't accept it.

ReputationRep:
    should work

as dara o'brien said in his stand up

yes it's out of date but i'm still him

ReputationRep:
    nah ur not allowed.
    ive seen many bouncers turn away ppl cuz they r trynah use old passports. i have bouncer friends who also refuse.

ReputationRep:
    its ok, thanks everyone, but i found my driving licence...in the most STUPID place EVER! hah, thanks anyway, good to know for the future xx

ReputationRep:
    just drop a brick on him, if he refuses, that'll teach em

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.