Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anon for obvious reasons

Girls if you suddenly bump into a guy who there was mutual interest with a few years back and nothing came of it- you go on to swap numbers-would you wait for him to text first or would you text him.
    We swapped numbers a few days back and she hasnt got in touch- thinking of texting her
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just text her if she's not bothering to text you. And I'd tell her the same if it was her making this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait for you to text me if I were her, so text her :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it, may aswell do it. I dont understand the whole wait this amount of time before you text seems a little silly.

If you want to talk do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon for obvious reasons

Girls if you suddenly bump into a guy who there was mutual interest with a few years back and nothing came of it- you go on to swap numbers-would you wait for him to text first or would you text him.
    We swapped numbers a few days back and she hasnt got in touch- thinking of texting her
    I'd initially be too nervous to text first, but if I didn't hear from him in three/fours days I'd text him as I'm quite impatient as well.

Just go ahead and text her. It's not like you've got much to lose. And I don't think this has anything to do with being male/female.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing came of it a few years ago, so pull your finger out and make something happen this time. SHEESH.

ReputationRep:
    I'll text her for you.

Is she on o2?

ReputationRep:
    I'd text him first.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait for the guy to initiate...

however... he started texting me but the texts were so general that i assumed he sent them to lots of people at once so i didn't reply straight away and it turns out they were just for me...

ReputationRep:
    just text her!! i was going to wait a couple of days before texting the guy im almost/kinda seeing buit then i realised id left my keys at his lol :P oops

ReputationRep:
    Text her.

ReputationRep:
    Text her! She's probably waiting for you to do so. I'm a girl and I NEVER text first, I always wait for the guy. It's been a few days so you've avoided looking too eager but leave it any longer and she'll lose interest.

If she didn't want to hear from you, she wouldn't have given your her number.

ReputationRep:
    I would text, otherwise you both could be waiting an awful long time for one person to make the first move :p: And if you leave it long enough, both of you will think neither of you are interested so nothing will happen again.

Make that move!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.