Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't more birds be into footy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Honestly my girlfriend knows f all about the beautiful game. I was trying to explain the complex intricacies of the transfer market the other day and she just didnt get it. And on sunday when i was seething about John Terry not moving to the ole CITEH! CITEH!! (up the sky blues) i really wanted to let me anger out on soemone who understood a bit of footie but me gal was just blank. she couldnt even spell footy i bet you.

so there i am in need of some footie talk. then she only invites her girlies over doesnt she? yep. what did they know about footy? nout. emma had never even heard of carlos tevez or gareth barry...when i asked her what she thought about the latest newcastle orient game she goes ''oh, is that steven gerrard?'' :facepalm:

honestly. women want men to talk tothem more but how on earth are we supposed to when they cant tell their chelski from their own gash or their terry from their tevez. it's nowonder i had to f off down the ole local for a bit of banter

ReputationRep:
    you say knowing nothing about football, but do you realise you just cheered for Coventry City?

Also, that's part of the fun, change her, get her into footy.

It will be the hardest challenge of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    Honestly my girlfriend knows f all about the beautiful game. I was trying to explain the complex intricacies of the transfer market the other day and she just didnt get it. And on sunday when i was seething about John Terry not moving to the ole CITEH! CITEH!! (up the sky blues) i really wanted to let me anger out on soemone who understood a bit of footie but me gal was just blank. she couldnt even spell footy i bet you.

so there i am in need of some footie talk. then she only invites her girlies over doesnt she? yep. what did they know about footy? nout. emma had never even heard of carlos tevez or gareth barry...when i asked her what she thought about the latest newcastle orient game she goes ''oh, is that steven gerrard?'' :facepalm:

honestly. women want men to talk tothem more but how on earth are we supposed to when they cant tell their chelski from their own gash or their terry from their tevez. it's nowonder i had to f off down the ole local for a bit of banter
    You can't really put her down for her spelling :p:

ReputationRep:
    Because we have brains.

ReputationRep:
    It's too boring and complicated. Plus I'm too busy cooking and cleaning of course.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's just not as tribalistic as you?

ReputationRep:
    Too busy crapping on cars and eating worms to be interested soz

ReputationRep:
    in b4 remark about literal meaning of 'birds'

EDIT - DAMN! ^

ReputationRep:
    Because I'd rather watch F1 or snooker any day.

ReputationRep:

My bird played football, has more trophies then me, and up untill May this year, had played at Nene Park (Home of Rushden & Diamonds - Conference Premier 6000 Seater) untill I played there in my final, she stopped, but knows a lot about football, and how to play it, although I will always maintain I am better then her

ReputationRep:
    Because when we break it down to basics, football is ******* boring. Wow, people kicking balls. I swear to god, I don't understand some of the freaks that get so invested in the stupid game. Who the **** riots because the team they support lost? Stupid people, which brings me to my conclusion, that only stupid people like football. I know its not a rigorous argument, but **** you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    in b4 remark about literal meaning of 'birds'

EDIT - DAMN! ^
    I got here too late too

ReputationRep:
    Same reason your not into shoes shopping I guess...

ReputationRep:
    i am! i love the game and most other sports- cricket, rugby, tennis etc.

its all worth it when they take the tops off at the end!! only joking i genuinely know more about sport than some guys i know and i'm not ashamed to admit that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Because we have brains.
    er wat. no. fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Because we have brains.
    But top kazahk scientist has recently prooved that women's brain about same size as squirrell's.

ReputationRep:
    Because footballs crap. It's all about rugby and F1

ReputationRep:
    nout. emma had never even heard of carlos tevez or gareth barry...when i asked her what she thought about the latest newcastle orient game she goes ''oh, is that steven gerrard?'' :facepalm:
    My brother was devestated about that! 6-1 wasn't it? Ha saying that I don't follow football much and don't find it facinating, just end up picking up things from brother/dad/male friends.

I do know the offside rule though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Because I'd rather watch F1 or snooker any day.
    First girl I've ever met who admits to watching snooker :O. Didn't know they exist lol.

ReputationRep:
    Because football is 20x better without girls involved*

*With the exception of one or two, and obviously, big-titted blondes in rar-rar skirts.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.