Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't more birds be into footy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taco23)
    i am! i love the game and most other sports- cricket, rugby, tennis etc.

its all worth it when they take the tops off at the end!! only joking i genuinely know more about sport than some guys i know and i'm not ashamed to admit that

Me too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Because we have brains.
    In contrary to popular belief, playing football requires a LOT of skill!

ReputationRep:
    Because we're too busy scrubbing the floors and doing the dishes to watch it.

And I also agree with StarGuitar, rather be watching F1, or actually MotoGP or World Super Bikes, or tennis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourney)
    But top kazahk scientist has recently prooved that women's brain about same size as squirrell's.
    :borat:GREAT SUCCESS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secondtogod)
    First girl I've ever met who admits to watching snooker :O. Didn't know they exist lol.
    And played it - hence the profile pic.

ReputationRep:
    Football's so boring. I'd rather not waste hours watching sweaty men run around kicking a ball about. Not my cuppa tea!

ReputationRep:
    I make an effort for my boyfriend, as he's a big football fan, but I have no passion for it. Therefore, I'd watch matches with him and humour him when he wants to talk about football and try to pick things up, but I'd never look into it in my own time.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of girls who love football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Because we have brains.
    :rofl:

page. three.

ReputationRep:
    i can go into so much detail about the offside rule,diagrams and everythin
    hahahhahaha

ReputationRep:
    I used to love playing it, but can't be arsed to support any team apart from England. Football is offputting with all the ridiculous politics, behaviour and salaries, anyway. I prefer rugby, cricket and ultimate frisbee (I love playing them too, although I don't support particular teams, either).

ReputationRep:
    Because if we did start going on about the intracacies of the transfer market, all the positions of certain clubs etc....you will stare at us blankly and either a) believe we are lesbians because we are remotely interested in sport or b) get really emasculated because we actually know more than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    :rofl:

page. three.
    Page. Three. Probably. Earns. More. Than. You.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    And played it - hence the profile pic.
    Oh I nearly didn't recogonise Paul Hunter for a second. His death is still the saddest thing I've ever seen, such a champion and a fighter.
    Oh cool how good are you? most girls don't even know how to hold a cue. I'm just naturally bad at snooker top break of like 30 the games too hard like ridiculous pockets are so tight on the table.

ReputationRep:
    I like to watch the occasional footie match, and understand it but I just don't want to sit and talk about it all day. Give me F1 and cars any day :p:

But maybe your girlfriend is asking the same question about why you don't understand something or other (insert own example) ... Some like it, others don't.

ReputationRep:
    because you need your space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secondtogod)
    Oh I nearly didn't recogonise Paul Hunter for a second. His death is still the saddest thing I've ever seen, such a champion and a fighter.
    Oh cool how good are you? most girls don't even know how to hold a cue. I'm just naturally bad at snooker top break of like 30 the games too hard like ridiculous pockets are so tight on the table.
    I know, lost interest in playing and don't watch it as much after his death. I was really into it during my A-levels though, went to matches and got autographs, and used to play, but because I played pool a lot more often than the odd snooker club, I never got used to the smooth baize! Did the odd great long pot, but I was nothing special at it, even so, I enjoyed it.

Because generally the balls are 10 times bigger than them :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I love and adore football!

I wish more of my friends did though

ReputationRep:
    Not all women hate football I love it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.