Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to Turkey tomorrow and scared (?!!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i'm going to Turkey tomorrow and for the first time ever I'm feeling really nervous about travelling. I've been to Egypt, China and loads of European countries before but never worried about it and just had fun. But this time I've got really nervous about flying, using public transport in Turkey, being in crowded places etc. I keep telling myself to stop being silly, it'll be fine and i'll come back in one piece but it's not helping!! Any advice would be great!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    who are you going with?

don't be worried, it's like any other tourist/holiday destination tbh, and it's really friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Not Turkey!!!!

Don't worry, as long as you wear a Fenerbahce shirt aroung Istanbul, you'll be fine :wink:

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Turkey on Thursday!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi im in turkey now, its really hot and lovely but the people are a bit odd i.e yelling they love you and staring at you and stuff... but all in all its good so dont be afraid. also which part you off to?

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    i just came back from Turkey last night!

it was pretty awesome!

ReputationRep:
    edit: damn double post!

ReputationRep:
    My best mate came back from Turkey this morning - she said it was great though it was a bit hot!
    I have a friend who lives there as well - and she seems normal

Once you've been there a day or two, you'll be having so much fun, you'll forget your worries!

ReputationRep:
    Many years ago, my dad drove all around Europe and Turkey, and the only place that something happened to him (I think one of his car windows were broken?) was Turkey. I've heard that normal Turkey is a bit scary, but parts are very touristy now so it should be safe/pleasant as long as you stay there. I've never been though. Have fun

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with 3 friends. we're going to Istanbul and then travelling south to Canakkale, Ayvalik, Bergama, Izmir then back to Istanbul. I don't know, there are just so many things that can go wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    The turks are well a bit pervy from what I've heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    The turks are well a bit pervy from what I've heard
    lol i'm not too worried about that, i had a lot of that in egypt. it's more getting hurt in an accident that i'm worried about - totally irrational i know!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok well if Turkey's in question then you have to be ready to deal with the perviness and at time being ripped off because your not Turkish.. but apart from that..the people are very friendly (not just the pervs ) , the foods delicious... and the country is beautiful no matter where you go you will always find something that captivates you!! What else do you want? I hiope that helped clm you down.. and I wish you have a verryy fun holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Améthyste)
    Ok so i'm going to Turkey tomorrow and for the first time ever I'm feeling really nervous about travelling. I've been to Egypt, China and loads of European countries before but never worried about it and just had fun. But this time I've got really nervous about flying, using public transport in Turkey, being in crowded places etc. I keep telling myself to stop being silly, it'll be fine and i'll come back in one piece but it's not helping!! Any advice would be great!! xxx
    Don't catch pineapplitis!!! It's highly contagious and causes the dreaded Pineapple Finger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.