Turn on thread page Beta

My friends say im too old for hair ponytales? advice! watch

Please keep anon, i find this embarrassing and my friends are on here.

Basically i'm 22 female. I look about 19. I have long dark razor-cut hair (think emo/ lots of layers) and i like to wear my hair in loose ponytails, either one at the side or one each side.

my friends are telling me im too old for pony tails and it's getting me down. I think it looks nice!

i wear it ike this (my hair is also like hers, except dark) >

http://www.emohaircutstyles.com/wp-c...ir-330x247.jpg

am i too old at 22 to do my hair like this?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it looks like, you're not "too old" for any haircut. I think it looks absolutely fine if you like that style, though I wouldn't choose it personally. Certainly not too "old" for it.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, 30 would probably be too old.

ReputationRep:
    No you're not too old.

ReputationRep:
    Nope nothing wrong with it Sandra Bullock always has her hair in a ponytail and shes a lot older than you
    What I would say was maybe try your hair in a different style some days to give you a a range of looks

ReputationRep:
    Your not too old, dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise ponytails were only supposed to be for teens. I thought it was the bog standard hairdo for anyone with long hair whatever age!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware that an age limit had been imposed on hairstyles.
    Don't worry what your friends say. I wear my hair tied back a lot just because it's more practical.

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you're wearing a scrunchie or not!!

ReputationRep:
    Since when have ponytails only been for young people? They keep long hair tidy especially when people are at work, and I also happen to like my hair in a ponytail. Don't listen to them, if you like it that's all that matters- it's your hair after all!

ReputationRep:
    Ponytails look fine, and brilliant with some outfits.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i like to wear my hair in loose ponytails, one each side.
    Piggytails, however, are dodgy imo. I would say that because I think anyone who wears them, even SJP, looks about 16.

But if you like doing that, then don't worry about what your friends think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can ever grow out of a ponytail :p: I wouldn't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it looks fine. :top:

ReputationRep:
    screw them and have it that way if you want

ReputationRep:
    i dont think anyone is too old for a ponytail, its a classic style

ReputationRep:
    my hair is in a ponytail 70% of the time at work...just practicality though! Im 25.

ReputationRep:
    Although ponytails are fine, bunches do look rather teenagey - but if you're still young, why not?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, ignore that sort of judgement. I have to wear 2 little ponytails at work sometimes and when I play footy/sport, purely because my hair is dark and really short and its the only way to get it out of my face. It's pretty obvious thats the case.
    Don't worry about wearing things like that

ReputationRep:
    I think you would only be too old for ponytails if you were 45-50 and older. 22 is certainly not too old.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.