Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any decent guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??

ReputationRep:
    Men are dogs.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeeeeeee. But i'd be in your friend zone within minutes unless i meet you in person and you're single and lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any decent guys? - Unlikely

ReputationRep:
    All I'd suggest is stop speaking to these boys and start speaking to men - most lads your age will be immature, infact most lads my age are immature. There are a number though, and I like to include myself in this, that are very mature and reliable.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    Ive never found a decent guy but if you do find some can we share please?:p:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Boys are gay. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

So you find guys you like, who are decent and who treat you nicely?

And you bemoan a lack of decent guys?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've not done any of those...:sad:

But then again I only tend to be friends with most girls and not a cheating boyfriend...

ReputationRep:
    Don't loose faith you seem lovley.
    I'm sure the right guy will come along eventually and yes contuary to what people tell you there are decent guys in this world. Despite the amount of them I know who just want "a piece". Yeah so don't loose faith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    All I'd suggest is stop speaking to these boys and start speaking to men - most lads your age will be immature, infact most lads my age are immature. There are a number though, and I like to include myself in this, that are very mature and reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    So you find guys you like, who are decent and who treat you nicely?

And you bemoan a lack of decent guys?

:rolleyes:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    Maybe you just have a bad judge of character? It is a bit strange that you seem to go out with complete weirdos (yet, credit due for recognising that some of your male friends are, indeed, male and seem "decent" - in which case you've answered your own question). I'm sure many guys are out there thinking: "Are there any decent/mature girls??" after having a few poor experiences of females in their relationships and coming to the rather hasty conclusion/generalisation that all males/females must be like their ex-partners.

So, in answer to your clichéd question: of course there are! Bloody hell.

I'm one such decent guy; of course I can't prove that on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd consider myself decent.

... and indecent...

Depends really where I am in the house :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any decent girls?

ReputationRep:
    Lads of your age generally want to be 17 year olds and so they should, not all younger lads are kids though, i know because i had to grow up fast when i was that age which is why i say they should be able to act 17 instead of 46!...

To the few who think it's nice to tar every guy with the same brush... DON'T.... Contrary to popular belief, we're not all the same and we do have feelings too! Women can be equally as bad as men... My ex very nearly cost me my life... Enough said!

P.S: Talk of young lads immaturity and then have a thread full of girls ****ging them off won't help defend you're point/question! That is also immaturity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I agree. Boys are gay. :yes:
    There's the problem. Find straight boys.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.

Any advice or hints??
    hmm Your clearly not hideous, bragging :p: lol nah I think the type of guys you may have gone for reading the decription are the ***** plenty of the make freinds you have don't want to be in the freind zone and your attracted to the not so nice people if that makes sense, a girl likes a flirty bad boy.

ReputationRep:
    Of course there are.

Perhaps the problem is that you're constantly attracted to the wrong type. Go for someone who you'd never usually consider. Might be surprised.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.