Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    The ugly ones are usually the decent ones, thats normally the way, so they get ****** off for the nasty good looking ones

ReputationRep:
    This thread is full of idiocy.

OP, you need to re-evaluate the sort of men you go for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    Immaturety is a great thing! Doesn't mean their not decent, but if you keep getting messed around then maybe it's just the guys you go for...

ReputationRep:
    You're looking in the wrong place, but most likely you're gay, welcome to the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    men are b******s...only after one thing...
    sex :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but we're all taken. Either that or have crushingly awful self confidence...

ReputationRep:
    Women are stupid. They will always chase the bad boy/******* and they will always complain about getting hearts broken afterwards.. dumb *****es.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    sex :yes:
    i'm sure everyone guessed that but thanks for confirming it for those who didn't..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJokesOnYou)
    Women are stupid. They will always chase the bad boy/******* and they will always complain about getting hearts broken afterwards.. dumb *****es.
    yeah cos the 'good' guys seem too boring..we're learning our lesson...slowly but surely...

ReputationRep:
    Of course there are decent guys out there - more often than not they will be your friends though because they're too afraid to step up and flirt with you and ask you out.

Luckily for girls, guys tend to grow out of this as they get older.

Luckily for guys, girls usually grow out of the bad-boy phase as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're all hiding from me too... Slash gay/taken/clingy. D:

Where have all the good men gone? Long time passing...

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a decent guy, but very quiet and difficult to get to know.

Sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    where are the nice girls and where do i meet them other than in my circle of friends?

ReputationRep:
    It pisses me off that women always **** off men, women are just as bad. They say men play women, women do exactly the same to men with all their excuses and oooh I think we should just be friends crap. There are plenty of good guys out there who know how to treat a woman right its just people tend to go for the great looking *******s.

Also! This thing about girls not wanting to date friends because they think they may spoil the friendship we have. Surely someone who is your good friend would be someone you could trust and you know they will never do anything to hurt you, IMO the best girlfriend or boyfriend is someone who is also a great friend.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a decent guy, but very quiet and difficult to get to know.

Sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    All I'd suggest is stop speaking to these boys and start speaking to men - most lads your age will be immature, infact most lads my age are immature. There are a number though, and I like to include myself in this, that are very mature and reliable.
    This.

Stop talking with boys and playboys and look for men.

ReputationRep:
    yes

nuff said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i like tea)
    yes

nuff said
    Thanks for sticking up for us bloke type things I like marmite too lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    I like women.
    lol, so do I, I meant this for any of the girls on the thread, not you....sorry I had to end it this way.....but it simply wasn't meant to be...
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    No, they should all burn in hell. ( Apart from a certain few).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.