Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any decent guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leomango)
    Im not ugly and yet im decent!
    Eye of the beholder...

ReputationRep:
    We're out there. Try joining a group or club or society or volunteering for a charity, do something new about something that interests you. You'll meet new guys and will already have common ground

ReputationRep:
    yes there are decent guys, but it depends what you define as 'decent'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nemesis-Supreme)
    It pisses me off that women always **** off men, women are just as bad. They say men play women, women do exactly the same to men with all their excuses and oooh I think we should just be friends crap. There are plenty of good guys out there who know how to treat a woman right its just people tend to go for the great looking *******s.

Also! This thing about girls not wanting to date friends because they think they may spoil the friendship we have. Surely someone who is your good friend would be someone you could trust and you know they will never do anything to hurt you, IMO the best girlfriend or boyfriend is someone who is also a great friend.
    Exactly this.

There have been thousands of studies into relationships about every which possibility etc - and those relationships that start out as friendships are usually the strongest. I've seen this in my friends as well, one such couple have been going out for 6 years now! And they couldn't be happier, never fight... theyre so perfect together!

The decent, good looking guys are out there - if you want one badly, then talk to the quiet shy looking handsome guy - once you get to know him he may not be that shy

latot

ReputationRep:
    I'm decent and I wouldn't say I'm pug fugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    So you find guys you like, who are decent and who treat you nicely?

And you bemoan a lack of decent guys?

:rolleyes:
    Lol ......... My thoughts exactly. So the decent guys get friendzoned, and you bang the *******s?. Can you really not understand therefore why guys act like *******s?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    There are plenty of decent guys out there, it's just finding them. :rolleyes:
    I have the same bad luck as you, I can't seem to find a girl who doesn't cheat or lie all the time.

You're only 17, go for an older guy, most guys your age won't be thinking with their main head. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??

Yeah, i'd ******* hit it...

...wait...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm....

But immaturity is all we have to work with

Handbrake turns = Crisis...

Yes I know this isn't true...

But then if you try and discuss the crucial things in life with a female life form, it just escalades into a full blown arguement.

Moral of the story is.... You can't win, do by all means try but.... it's pointless..

All we are really good for is sex. Then some people aren't even qualified enough to have heard of a mutual orgasm.

I do love the feminism in this thread, but then you probably have the right to this generalisation... after all I hate the French and yet I've only met a few from Paris, not exactly an ideal cross section.

Life = Fail.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very decent guy. I think you go for bad boys if am wrong then by all means correct me.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just wait to see what life has in store for you? Instead of looking for/talking to "a decent guy".
    You're 17 for heaven's sake, it's not like you're a 40 year old spinster.
    And this might sound harsh, but maybe you have a different image of yourself than who you actually are? I mean who are you to judge yourself, let alone other people? Well, just think things through. It actually might be more of a problem with yourself than you seem to want to admit. Though, I'm just suggesting, as I have no clue who you are. [This comes from someone who's constantly trying to change herself though. So I'm not sure it's good advice, it's the kind I give to myself though.]

In any event, just wait. You CANNOT force things. It's literally impossible (I know it is.)

ReputationRep:
    Well, i've managed to find one.
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    If there are no decent men then it's because there are no decent women.

It's laughable that women stupid enough to generalise a whole gender of people actually believe they deserve a decent man. ha!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had time to read all of the posts in this thread.

However As a man, I have never been in a relationship. I don't believe I am ugly, or that I don't present myself (dress) nicely.

I always remain polite and try to be a gentleman where i can, but i think women just believe this is weird.

It annoys me because all the idiots seem to always be with a very attractive woman, so i don't know. Perhaps I should just be horrible to everyone i meet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCASUCKS)

It's laughable that women stupid enough to generalise a whole gender of people actually believe they deserve a decent man. ha!
    Women like this get on my nerves!

No woman who moans about all men being stupid deserves a decent man....EVER. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    There is no reason why a woman should call all men stupid. No matter what has happened, because we are all individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukmaxi)
    I haven't had time to read all of the posts in this thread.

However As a man, I have never been in a relationship. I don't believe I am ugly, or that I don't present myself (dress) nicely.

I always remain polite and try to be a gentleman where i can, but i think women just this is weird.

It annoys me because all the idoits seem to always be with a very attractive woman, so i don't know. Perhaps I should just be horrible to everyone i meet!
    Can definetly relate to this

ReputationRep:
    well tbh love, it takes two to tango, have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, you're not what blokes would consider a 'decent girl'? I mean, you're 17 years old and I know how unbelievably immature and naive 99% of 17 year old girls I met were, including my sister. If you're looking for prince charming to sweep you away to his palace and shower with you gifts or whatever, it's just not going to happen.

I'd suggest either a) abstatining from relationships until you're older and wiser or b) accepting that people your age are not really ready for serious things and just have fun and not take it too seriously for the time being.

And to all the man-hating teenagers on this thread. Seriously grow up - you just haven't found a way to relate to the opposite sex yet, which also means you ain't ready for a relationship....go and get some more life experience.

ReputationRep:
    No. All men suck.

ReputationRep:
    No. Decent guys were all killed by swine flu.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.