Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I agree. Boys are gay. :yes:
    Is thier a cure? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Go lesbian.

Avoid clubs. All the relationships ive had with people ive met in clubs were horrible and also ended badly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a ****.

*waves*

ReputationRep:
    Your stunning honey and I know how you feel Im kinda in the same position...but its not only boys its men too that are like that. Ive given up on men for now I just wanna have fun...give it time I'm sure someone lovely will come along who won't hurt you, well that's what I keep telling myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm awesome.

That blows your theory right out of the water :awesome:

Ok, most of us suck. But there's no point in complaining. Girls aren't fantastic either.

What you need to do is to stop falling for their ********, sit back, observe, learn. Then pick out the better ones. You shouldn't be judging guys by which ones approach you, but rather which ones you pick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I agree. Boys are gay. :yes:
    no, you're gay. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well whenever a woman tells me she doesn't have high expctations, she invariably does. Maybe you don't though and therein lies your problem.

You know decent guys exist. You yourself admitted that you are friends with some of them.

Most boys your age (which I am guessing from your username) are far too immature anyway. Far too interested in impresinig their friends. I'm afraid it doesn't get much better.

I think you'll find that most men will be initially interested in you for your looks and their interest will be primarily sexual. That will go for the decent guys as well I'm afriad - they will just wait for an emotional attachment to develop. This can take some time. So don't disregard those that you think only want sex, but keep your wits about you because a lot will only ever want that.

PS. I thought that "don't want to ruin a good friendship" stuff was just a nice way of saying you're ugly?

ReputationRep:
    There are the same amount of decent guys as there are decent girls.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by decent OP?

Every guy is different, there's probably going to be something about his personality that'll eventually annoy you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the best thing for you would be to try it with one of your guy friends, seeing as you already know them therefor they cannt be pathetic or a downright loser...unless you have a REALLY bad choice of friends. Besides if they are true friends and all goes badly they should still end up being your friend anyway.
    If you still think that will not work, just go out and talk to people i guess, trial and error really.
    You seem nice enough :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Ive never found a decent guy but if you do find some can we share please?:p:
    what about me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    You obviously haven't met me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    no, you're gay. :yep:
    I might as well be considering the lack of decent guys about. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Is thier a cure? :rolleyes:
    Nope, it's actually an incurable disease. You're gonna die.

ReputationRep:
    Ye we're all pretty terrible I'd just get a cat or something they're cute and fluffy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    Hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    Men are dogs.
    No.
    With a sexist comment like that, maybe there's a reason why decent guys don't spend much effort on you? :o: I'm just saying. You're taking a rather defeatist attitude and making some rather simplistic/inaccurate/sexist/offensive/stupid conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    With a sexist comment like that, maybe there's a reason why decent guys don't spend much effort on you? :o: I'm just saying.

Well said! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, none whatsoever. Looks like it's lesbianism or celibacy for you. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.