Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    I'm decent.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Well that's ok then

I kinda emoed things up for some fun...I'm not a festering hole of darkness and spite don't worry...I am though kinda sexist but thats just me since I was like 8, u know before the dating and everything.

ReputationRep:
    No. There are no decent guys in the whole world.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to happen if you go for the same "bad boy" sterotype, so sorry, got no sympathy for you whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Did you fulfil your duty and cook and clean for the guys? if not, how else would you expect to be treated? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    OP is hideous and has a bad personality.

ReputationRep:
    All the decent guys are secretly vampires anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm decent:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    there are more interesting men in the world than interesting women

(Original post by helz_91)
    The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.
    You've just described (without even realizing it, because it's in your gender's subconscious) the typical problem 90% of girls have. Girls go for 'bad guys' (see recent thread on the subject), and THEN, when everything inevitably goes wrong, they wonder if there are any "decent" blokes out there.

All that time, they're completely oblivious to the fact that the decent guys are right there in front of them, but that they've simply classed them under "friends". Face it, girls, you live for drama. Have you never noticed how your short-lived desire for "decent guys" only comes up when you've gotten out of a bad relationship or had a bad experience with a guy? That's because your "good guy" desire is only a temporary thing. That's right, you just want want one temporarily, as a shoulder to cry on.

In short, women don't deserve 'good' guys. They deserve all the crap treatment they get because they LOVE it (deep down). You just can't live without drama. The only exception are the 10% of women who aren't complete and utter emotional basketcases.

ReputationRep:
    your in luck my ps3 just broke last week so ive gotta look for a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    Not to be mean or anything... but that's why. For a good relationship, you need a good friendship in the relationship and since none of the guys you've went out with wouldn't considor you friend status, you are treated more shoddily. And if you don't want to go out with your guy mates, fair enough, but don't expect boys you've just meet to be great bfs mostly, because they only just got to know you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You've just described (without even realizing it, because it's in your gender's subconscious) the typical problem 90% of girls have. Girls go for 'bad guys' (see recent thread on the subject), and THEN, when everything inevitably goes wrong, they wonder if there are any "decent" blokes out there.

All that time, they're completely oblivious to the fact that the decent guys are right there in front of them, but that they've simply classed them under "friends". Face it, girls, you live for drama. Have you never noticed how your short-lived desire for "decent guys" only comes up when you've gotten out of a bad relationship or had a bad experience with a guy? That's because your "good guy" desire is only a temporary thing. That's right, you just want want one temporarily, as a shoulder to cry on.

In short, women don't deserve 'good' guys. They deserve all the crap treatment they get because they LOVE it (deep down). You just can't live without drama. The only exception are the 10% of women who aren't complete and utter emotional basketcases.
    Lol, we hate it n00bcase... post the link to thread about bad boys please, I bet guys mostly commented, such a old stretotype... please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    I'm decent! I was once a little bit of an arrogant tw*t, but since I've grown up I'd definitely say I'm decent.

I'm not the only one, you might just be looking in the wrong places/ at the wrong people. Don't expect a guy to be decent, then if he is cool, and if not then you don't get upset by it.

:top:
    Totally agree with this. I've noticed a link between coolness of 'bad boys' and short term relationships, and the less cool but nicer boys who you can date for months... I know this is overgeneralised, but girls are sometimes more into image and end up in **** relationships if they ever date one of the very cool bad boy sort...

There are actually, but we're too busy being gay with each other.

Sux to be female!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    Men are dogs.
    So make them your pets :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I agree. Boys are gay. :yes:
    I don't think that's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    What are the standards for the decent guys? Do you think your father is decent and nice? I think every one has the flaws. And you need to lower your standards or you should expand to another kind of guys.

ReputationRep:
    they are decent men outhere but always taken!.. or try older men

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.