Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

All that time, they're completely oblivious to the fact that the decent guys are right there in front of them, but that they've simply classed them under "friends". Face it, girls, you live for drama. Have you never noticed how your short-lived desire for "decent guys" only comes up when you've gotten out of a bad relationship or had a bad experience with a guy? That's because your "good guy" desire is only a temporary thing. That's right, you just want want one temporarily, as a shoulder to cry on.
    Not entirely. The nice guys are in high demand when women are in their 30s, and want to get married and have kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Totally agree with this. I've noticed a link between coolness of 'bad boys' and short term relationships, and the less cool but nicer boys who you can date for months... I know this is overgeneralised, but girls are sometimes more into image and end up in **** relationships if they ever date one of the very cool bad boy sort...
    Yeah, but "coolness" isn't exclusive. Or perhaps I'm [big head mode ON] the exception: I'm as "cool" as anyone else, not boring as nocontrol said "nice guys" are, and can hold good conversation and keep girls interested. Yet, I'm not a badboy - my job doesn't really allow for it. So I'd say "cool" isn't purely by being a badboy, but being a badboy is a by-product of being "cool" whereas I take it and act nice upon it.

Alas, badboys aren't the only ones who are "cool."

:top:

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, as I've got mostly male friends, yet I've never had a boyfriend. But one thing I would say is that the type of guy that approaches you will probably be doing it because they find you physically attractive, and also the confidence (often cockiness) is what leads them to approach you. These aren't the more sensitive, "nice guys" as they're more likely to be too nervous to make a move.

Maybe try looking elsewhere, and for different types of guys. And being more pro-active rather than waiting for them to come to you.
    I might be completely wrong, but that's just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Op i checked ur profile your a libra, check compatibility websites of libra's with other star signs and see what ur most compatible with, that will give u an idea of the kind of guy your looking for lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Yeah, but "coolness" isn't exclusive. Or perhaps I'm [big head mode ON] the exception: I'm as "cool" as anyone else, not boring as nocontrol said "nice guys" are, and can hold good conversation and keep girls interested. Yet, I'm not a badboy - my job doesn't really allow for it. So I'd say "cool" isn't purely by being a badboy, but being a badboy is a by-product of being "cool" whereas I take it and act nice upon it.

Alas, badboys aren't the only ones who are "cool."

Damn straight. Not that I can really comment cause I pulled the most badguy move ever a few days ago

The problem is, from a young age, the confident kids at schoool survive by being mean to others and maintaining the pecking order, reducing confidence in other kids.
    But anyway, it's always funny to see the cool football/rugby/equivalent jock guy who had women at school. Leaves school and suddenly realises oh ****, I have nothing.

On a completely different note, ever tried spinning DnB?

ReputationRep:
    i heard there was one in Nicaragua but he's married

ReputationRep:
    I'm a decent guy :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    but i'm also gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    few real guys exist
    oh **** have i been living a lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Damn straight. Not that I can really comment cause I pulled the most badguy move ever a few days ago

The problem is, from a young age, the confident kids at schoool survive by being mean to others and maintaining the pecking order, reducing confidence in other kids.
    But anyway, it's always funny to see the cool football/rugby/equivalent jock guy who had women at school. Leaves school and suddenly realises oh ****, I have nothing.

On a completely different note, ever tried spinning DnB?
    See your point, a generalisation I'd tend to agree with. Fortunately, it's not always the way. Example: whilst at school I liked chatting with everyone, and once when said jock (I played for the same football team as him, though he also played for Scotland) asked why I was speaking with another group of people - I got up and turned my back on him to speak with the other group again. I'm now the one with a good job, nice car etc., he's as much a **** as ever and has lost a lot of his mates (and his footy career).

Nope, no DnB, I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    dunno about me being 'decent', infact, I dunno what i'd be classed under..

ReputationRep:
    Without wishing to annoy you, when you say "are there any decent guys?" what you're actually probably saying is "are there any decent, good looking guys?"

The problem is that most guys who are really good looking pretty much know it, so most of them have an arrogant streak. The average guys who you would never usually go for are usually the nice guys, but most girls will skip over them.

Just lower your artificial standards.

ReputationRep:
    Some guys are ok
    most are dumb and immature!

What is it about men ?
    Amywinehouse agrees with me as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XFmTRJcnE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiichands)
    Some guys are ok
    most are dumb and immature!

What is it about men ?
    Amywinehouse agrees with me as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XFmTRJcnE
    Oh, well if we can trust anyone's opinion it's that of a drug-addled, substance-abusing idiot like Amy Winehouse...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a decent guy! /dressing gown gets blow up by a gust of wind

but seriously I suck at chatting up girls.... I always get along with girls.... but jut coz I don't ho HEY baby nice ass or w/e and I just talk to them and make them laugh.... whenever I try and be serious and ask them out or w/e then when you ask them out out they think your having a laugh or your not serious beacuse you haven't been like trying to grope them withing the first couple of minutes you met them and you been friends for a while... you can't actully like them for anything more than friends :iiam: :ymca:

who said being friends before dating was better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleurgh)
    I know what you mean, as I've got mostly male friends, yet I've never had a boyfriend. But one thing I would say is that the type of guy that approaches you will probably be doing it because they find you physically attractive, and also the confidence (often cockiness) is what leads them to approach you. These aren't the more sensitive, "nice guys" as they're more likely to be too nervous to make a move.

Maybe try looking elsewhere, and for different types of guys. And being more pro-active rather than waiting for them to come to you.
    I might be completely wrong, but that's just my opinion

you are completely right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwclark_90)
    Oh, well if we can trust anyone's opinion it's that of a drug-addled, substance-abusing idiot like Amy Winehouse...
    true true

(Original post by helz_91)
    Ahh.

Time and time again, I've spoken to guys, and they have all ended up letting me down, turning out to be immature, pathetic or downright losers.

I'm sensible enough not to have unrealistic or overly high expectations of guys, but I always end up getting hurt...

The only lovely guys I know are friends, I get on so well with some lads, but I never want to pursue it incase I ruin my friendship with them.

It's not like I'm hideous or have a bad personality...I just don't know where I'm going wrong!!

Any advice or hints??
    Yeah, there's plenty of us. But you girls spend so much time griping that there aren't any that you never notice us.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm a *******.

ReputationRep:
    men are b******s...only after one thing...

ReputationRep:
    the answer to ur question is yes, because im a guy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.