Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was your worst ever hair cut? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you really regret having done?

ReputationRep:
    That 9foot long peroxide blonde rebellious horse-mullet I once sported back in '82.

It's a **** business.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them. I absolutely hate hairdressers.

ReputationRep:
    I had my hair cut really short when I was about 15, and it looked awful. It's taken me a long time to get it back to a decent length :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Haha my layers went too short once and the hairdresser thinned my hair out soooo much and I had a full fringe. I looked like a ******* mushroom.

ReputationRep:
    When I was really youg I had the classic straight finge with strainght shoulder length hair but the thing is my fringe wasn't even staight, I knew i shouldn't ahve let my Mum cut it

This did pu me off as after that I grew my hair really long

ReputationRep:
    A bob when I have thick wavy hair- it was out of control, and this was before the days of hair straighteners!

ReputationRep:
    Erm.. The one I got today?

ReputationRep:
    When I used to have long hair I used to wear it in one straight gelled unicorn point at the front of my head. :erm:

At the time I used to think it was normal/pretty cool but later when I got it cut realised why people used to laugh at me... :shy2:

ReputationRep:
    this:

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 7 I didn't really have a haircut. I scraped it right back into a ponytail EVERY day. With WATER :eek: I didn't even do the chavvy two strands of hair either side of my face.

Gah. Bad times. I'm ashamed to think of it

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever had 2 hairstyles in my life and neither is worse than the other :p: However, when my sister was about 4 or 5 she was complaining her fringe was getting too long and getting in her eyes. Mum kept brushing her off with a "I'll do it tomorrow." Eventually enough was enough and my sister decided to do it herself- and prompty hacked off half her hair xD I still remember the look on mum's face when she saw. Catriona ended up with a pudding basin haircut after an "emergancy" hair appointment :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I had a perm when I was 13. It was HORRENDOUS with a capital H!!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    I dressed up as Gandhi for the last day of school and my hair went from being floppy emo long to properly wet shaved...

It was only bad because I saw a total change in the way I was treated afterwards, shopkeepers looking at me very suspiciously, getting dodgy looks at job interviews etc, getting refused entry to clubs etc, what a pain in the arse that was.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm so going to win this.

When I was about... 10ish, maybe? I decided I'd really like a fringe, so I did it myself at home. I took a bunch of hair from the front of my head and cut it down to eye-level. Once I did this, I realised I hated it so I - very stupidly - decided to shorten it some more. I cut it to the middle of my forehead. I looked so awful I started crying and decided to cut it all off, right at the base. So, for several looooong months I had a lovely, bald patch right at the front my head. I looked fantastically retarded. God, I was an unbelievably stupid child.

But other than that.... meh. For the last several years, I've only had one person do my hair and I'm very happy with it (and the lady) so it's all good now.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh last year, had my hair 'feathered' thinking this was a good idea but it thinned it out insanely. Also couldn't pull off the fringe I insisted on having...thankfully its back to relative and thick normalcy now

ReputationRep:
    the one i got now!
    my hair was so nice and long, and i went to get it cut like really short in the back and longer in the front,
    but the woman ruined it she did it short in the front n longer at the back!
    grr i grew it a bit then got it cut again to even it but i still hate it!!
    i need to get extensions in lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    Most of them. I absolutely hate hairdressers.
    :ditto: I never get what I want and they always take off more than I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I had lovely hair that was shorter at the top, but was definitely not a mullet. I took a picture of that hair to a different salon the next time, and left with an awful mullet.

I should have realised when I saw the woman who'd be cutting my hair. I got the impression it was a salon staffed by friends and family of the owner, not qualified and trained stylists. And she had awful hair.

I couldn't grow out fast enough.

When I was 16, when I let my friend cut my hair. They did such a bad job that I ended up having my head shaved. Took a year for it to grow back to how it was :sad:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.