Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was your worst ever hair cut? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I found a hairdresser that I really liked during A Levels, and I went from elbow length hair to shoulder length. All good there. Halfway through first year at Uni, I went back to her and asked for mid-neck length. I ended up with ear length. I only realised when she got the trimmer out and shaved my neck =/ I have very thick fluffy, curly hair - so ear length = triangle. I'm still growing it out now...over a year later. I'm at armpit length now. On the plus side, my hair has gone properly curly again xD

ReputationRep:
    In about 1992, or possibly 1993 when I was 14-15-ish, I had my long hair cut into the typical 90's curtains, which weren't too bad. But then I decided that I fancied growing it long again, but only on one side. And rather than wait until it had at least grown back down to my shoulders before calling in the clippers, I ended up getting my hair shaved on the left side up the side of my head to IIRC a no.1 or no.2 about 1/3 of the way across (not quite to the middle), with my bob-like curtains still intact on the other side.

I ended up spending about a year with people asking me if I didn't have enough money for a full hair cut, etc... I suppose on the plus side it did ensure that absolutely everybody in my school knew of me, even if I didn't have a clue who the hell they were...

About a year or so later after I'd got the other side cut short for the 'short back and sides' prior to growing it long again, I realised that what I was actually trying to achieve was a very high undercut.

I'm probably too old to get away with any sort of interesting haircut these days without looking like an ageing Hells Angel or something. As it is I haven't had my hair cut since Christmas and it's starting to verge on the 'long' side again. I really need to get it neatened up.

Conversely I actually think that my 'best' haircut was a very, very short flat-top that I got about three months after I joined the TA. It was so short, and my hair is so thick that it maintained its shape perfectly even after being on exercise for two weeks (and therefore not being able to wash my hair), I was even accused of bringing hairspray with me into the field. I think it looked quite god when I smoked a big fat cigar out on exercise. Damn I wish that camera phones had been around at the time, I just don't have many photos of myself at that time really, and none on exercise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    this:

If I ever stop laughing at this picture, kill me.

ReputationRep:
    the hairdresser took my fringe!
    i looked like a ******* moron

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a good haircut, but the worst had to be last year when my cleverarse hairdresser decided to hack at my hair like edward scissorhands because she couldn't be bothered combing through it, and then feather the sides...ugh. So I had the choppiest, uneven layers and permanent frizz at the front. I ******* hate my hairdresser.

The second I walk in they all start cooing and going "ooooh haven't you got lovely thick curly hair? Why don't you style it everyday instead of leaving it to dry naturally?" And then 10 minutes later in the chair it turns to "VAL! Gimme a hand my arms are bloody aching here - how d'you manage to do your hair it's a nightmare!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    I've never had a good haircut, but the worst had to be last year when my cleverarse hairdresser decided to hack at my hair like edward scissorhands because she couldn't be bothered combing through it, and then feather the sides...ugh. So I had the choppiest, uneven layers and permanent frizz at the front. I ******* hate my hairdresser.

The second I walk in they all start cooing and going "ooooh haven't you got lovely thick curly hair? Why don't you style it everyday instead of leaving it to dry naturally?" And then 10 minutes later in the chair it turns to "VAL! Gimme a hand my arms are bloody aching here - how d'you manage to do your hair it's a nightmare!"
    Reminds me of when I went from elbow length to shoulder length. When I booked my appointment I warned the hair dresser I had a lot of hair, she was all 'No, no it'll be fine!'. Came into the appointment - 2 hours later they had only just finished cutting it! Her comment was 'I really didn't believe you had so much hair! It's practically impossible!'

ReputationRep:
    Fringe, I was young. Ick. Not going there again

ReputationRep:
    Not going for one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    Most of them. I absolutely hate hairdressers.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want it, but my barber gave me like a bowl cut and shaved my sideburns off and shaved it about an inch above my ear, I just asked for general trim... I actually cried.

ReputationRep:
    When I was like 12, I got fed up of long hair and had it really short like this

Now, years and years later, it is now very long, too long

ReputationRep:
    I unwillingly got given a mullet when I was three and my Mum's obsession with me having a fringe meant it was cut in halfway round the back of my head practically. My Mum swears blind that she didn't utter the words 'please give my daughter a mullet' but I don't know... The only blessing is that I was too young to realise how ridiculous I looked.

ReputationRep:
    Number 1 all round. Disgusting look.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to post a disgusting pic which I had to de-tag myself from on Facebook, but the uploader deleted me as a friend. So I'll have to make do with a description:

Receding and in denial. Thinking that my hair would look ok if I grew it long because my fringe would be long as well. It looked awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)
    Oh, I'm so going to win this.

When I was about... 10ish, maybe? I decided I'd really like a fringe, so I did it myself at home. I took a bunch of hair from the front of my head and cut it down to eye-level. Once I did this, I realised I hated it so I - very stupidly - decided to shorten it some more. I cut it to the middle of my forehead. I looked so awful I started crying and decided to cut it all off, right at the base. So, for several looooong months I had a lovely, bald patch right at the front my head. I looked fantastically retarded. God, I was an unbelievably stupid child.

But other than that.... meh. For the last several years, I've only had one person do my hair and I'm very happy with it (and the lady) so it's all good now.
    Ahahaha, this made me laugh a lot.

When I was about 13, I decided to cut a layer at the back of my hair. I ended up cutting too much, so the bottom layer was ridiculously thin. I had to go school with my hair in a plait so no one would see, then the hair dresser had to cut off the pathetic layer and start again. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I went to some small hairdressers, i had been there once before for a trim when i had long hair and it looked pretty good, but i went a few months later, with short hair, asked for a trim and pointed to one of the pictures on the wall, the woman cut my hair so short around the sides, but left some on the top, so i looked like i was going to join the army, it was awful, took ages to grow back, fortunately the last haircut i got (not from there) is the best i have had in a while.

ReputationRep:
    Box fringe *shudder* Made my face look hugely round

ReputationRep:
    Most of them. Why don't hairdressers understand the statement "just a light trim please"?!
    Grrrr. Hairdressers always want to hack loads of layers into my hair, but my hair is very fine already, so looks really flat and lank when it has layers. The only time I ever like my hair is when I haven't been to the hairdressers for 2 months!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    When I was in about Year 7 I was obsessed with Nancy in Hollyoaks, and got my hair cut like this:

With one side really short, and one side longer. It looked so awful. Then I got bored and decided I wanted the long side cut off, which left me pretty much with a short back and sides with a long fringe :facepalm:

That said, my hair is pretty **** at the moment, I'm trying to grow out an inverted bob and it looks so spazzy at the back.
    Omg, I did something similar. It was longer at the back and shorter on the top and front. Then I had one side practically shaved off around my ear, and top top if off I dyed the front and one side of it "blonde" (it came out copper!) HAH! Disaster. My Dad called me a yorkshire terrier for ages after. That was when I was 16, it's taken me 4 years to grow it out properly and long again - it's now quite long and boring and I like it that way, lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.