Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it 'wrong' that I like men in their 40s? watch

Announcements

On the subject is it wierd to fantasise about sleeping with guys who are probably the same age, if not older than your dad when you already have a boyfriend who is nearer your own age?

ReputationRep:
    Pah that's tame, I was at the gym with my friend and she thought this man who was about 60 looked "hot". She also thinks the same about Jack Straw.

In short; it's fine, as you're both adults

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    men in suits :coma:

Yes because its illegal for those of us below the age of 40 to wear a suit :p:

I wear a jacket and shirt everyday, and a suit whenever I can :yep:

For everyone saying, oh its oay do what you want, thats fair enough and free choice is awesome, but There is a difference between people raising concerns and being judgemental, people in this thread seem to think its the same thing, saying that a relationship with a vast age difference can and does cause problems is not being judgemental, (coming from a family where the age difference between my father and mother is 19 years) it does raise problems and people should be aware of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    Yes because its illegal for those of us below the age of 40 to wear a suit :p:

I wear a jacket and shirt everyday, and a suit whenever I can :yep:

For everyone saying, oh its oay do what you want, thats fair enough and free choice is awesome, but There is a difference between people raising concerns and being judgemental, people in this thread seem to think its the same thing, saying that a relationship with a vast age difference can and does cause problems is not being judgemental, (coming from a family where the age difference between my father and mother is 19 years) it does raise problems and people should be aware of that.
    I didn't mean men over 40, just men in suits in general :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean men over 40, just men in suits in general :coma:
    How was that relevent to the thread topic then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's totally fine! I like older guys too. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I can't see myself in a relationship with an older man for any reason other than purely sexual. Age gaps cause problems, especially a gap as big as 20 odd years. I mean, the 5 year age gap has caused its share of problems in my current relationship. Also i wouldn't want to go around having people think i was on an outing with my father, when i was out with my boyfriend. It sounds incredibly shallow and selfish but i like to be able to show off my boyfriend and have people think 'wow, what a great/sexy/hot/nice guy she is with'.

ReputationRep:
    Not wrong, just somewhat socially unacceptable.

Like it isn't wrong to be gay, but it is socially unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    How was that relevent to the thread topic then? :p:
    i just wanted to let you know that, if you wore a suit, it would be :coma:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    I am always interested in men in their 30s and 40s for the most part... they are more attractive to me than men my own age, the only problem is that the ones I meet are either family friends (which ends up causing problems) or lecturers (which would also not be viewed well).
    Join groups/activities outside your uni that way you'll expand your social circle and be much more likely to meet someone suitable.

ReputationRep:
    i just wanted to let you know that, if you wore a suit, it would be :coma:

:awesome:

Hehehehe :woo: everyone should appreciate a decent suit.

ReputationRep:
    older...more experienced..why not..?i wouldn't say no to barrack obama cos he's a 'few' years older than me..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Pah that's tame, I was at the gym with my friend and she thought this man who was about 60 looked "hot". She also thinks the same about Jack Straw.

In short; it's fine, as you're both adults
    lol that's hilarious..!

ReputationRep:
    I do too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, I would never consider dating a 30-40 year old. Frankly thats too close to my dads age (hes 50), i think its weird. but i wouldnt care if someone else my age was dating an older man (well i would care but i wouldn't say much).

ReputationRep:
    your an adult now, society will make you believe millions of things are "wrong", but its really not wrong if your 20.

ReputationRep:
    no.... your degree is though

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=noodles!]Mmmm, Alan Rickman, yes please. And he really is 60 odd. But I so would!
    QUOTE]

omg yes please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    older...more experienced..why not..?i wouldn't say no to barrack obama cos he's a 'few' years older than me..!
    He's older than my mother, but AMEN :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Vin Diesel Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.