Eyeliner (pencil & liquid)
    Eyeshadow
    Foundation & Concealer
    Primers
    Lipgloss/sticks
    Brushes & applicators
    Any other cosmetics you love

ReputationRep:
    I swear by Masterpice Max mascara, I love that it gives me volume, but doesn't look clumpy =]
    I use liquid eyeliner and pencil liner from India, which I top up everytime I go haha.

I don't use much make-up regularly apart from that =/

Oh, and Olay Beauty Fluid! =D

ReputationRep:
    I don't use much makeup, but when I do occasionally wear foundation I use Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid - it's amazing! Goes on really smoothly and blends really well. I hardly have to use much as well =D Provides a nice coverage ^-^ Just like the advert says, it's like an airbrush in a bottle~

ReputationRep:
    The mineral maxfactor foundation - makes your skin look flawless, even if you put hardly on it still manages to cover my tiny acne scars anddddd it gives you a real glow, plus the shades are like in yellow based colours, so you look naturally tanned instead of just pale or orange. - and i have oily skin and it takes away the shine perfectly without it feeling like its blocking up your pores!

ReputationRep:
    Mascara - L' Oréal Telescopic Explosion
    Foundation - Lilylolo mineral foundation in Blondie and Porcelain, and I mix them together.
    Brushes - the Lilylolo super kabuki one.
    Blusher - Peach melba, it's the Natural Collection one from Boots.
    Primer - No 7. anti-shine primer.

ReputationRep:
    Please advise on your favorite:
    Mascara
    Chanel Inimitable.
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid)
    Pencil - WSeven Gel pencil liner.
    Liquid - MAC Fluidline in blacktrack.

Eyeshadow
    MAC individual shadows.
    Foundation & Concealer
    Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation.
    Prescriptives Camouflage Cream concealer.

Lipgloss/sticks
    Revlon Lipglide. Superb.
    Brushes etc.
    Always go for the best you can afford - MAC are classics.
    Any other cosmetics
    Never forget to powder your concealer and foundation for a long lasting finish. I recommend Chanel Poudre Universelle.
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary?
    I use Clarin's Beauty Flash Balm. It creates a really smooth base for concealer/foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Boots No7. I have really sensitive skin and find that it is one of the few brands that don't bring me up in a rash. Their Extreme Length mascara is one of my favourite makeup items - lots of length and volume, but no clumpiness.
    I have an amazing blusher brush, but unfortuately I do not know where it was from (a present years ago) It is one of those that fits inside a tube and has really soft bristles. It looks a little like this one http://www.sabuyjaishop.com/shop/lov...3425522744.jpg
    I also find that teatree and witch hazel products (many different brands) are brilliant for spots - you just apply it every morning and evening as soon as you notice the start of a breakout and you are highly likely to never get that spot!
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    I've recently discovered fake eyelashes... they are a god send for nights out! Cheap too . I tend not to spend much on make up as i dont really wear it much but...
    Eye liner = rimmel
    Mascara = the best one ive had so far is actually miss sporty! (the black one with a pink top)
    Foundation = loreal true match or rimmel matte pressed power
    Ooh also invest in some eye lash curlers (Y)

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Please advise on your favorite:

Mascara - Benefit Badgal Lash in Black.. it's AMAZING I swear by it!!

Eyeliner (pencil & liquid) I don't really use pencil because I wear contacts but Mac liquid eyeliner in black is amazing and lasts ALL day, I've found with many others it starts to flake after a while but Mac just stays on!

Eyeshadow - Once again, Mac all the way!! And smashbox do amazing eyeshadow which lasts for ages.. aswell as virgin vie

Foundation & Concealer - Mac again, I wear the studiofix foundation.. I have the powder and the liquid. They're both very very good, but I personally prefer the powder because I like the matte finish.. and it doesn't flake around my nose like most other products do.

Lipgloss/sticks - Benefit lipgloss is good but I don't wear it that much, I used benetint on my lips (aswell as my cheeks) it's a stain and looks natural and pretty.. and lasts ages!

Brushes etc. - I have random ones.. mac are good but expensive

Any other cosmetics - Benetint for blushers.. and also the benefit eyebrow pencil is amazing! I can't live without drawing in my eyebrows!!

Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? - I have a smashbox primer which is amaaazing!! It does make your foundation last longer and gives it a better base.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely recommend NO7 black pencil eyeliner :yep: It rarely smudges and doesn't need to be reapplied many times throughout the day.
    Also L'oreal infallible liquid foundation is really good for giving a nice even base and tone to your skin, and is long lasting too

ReputationRep:
    This is just what I use rather than what is probably overall best, but I hope it helps a little bit!.

Mascara: I use Urban Decay but it's not that great. I would recommend max factor tbh.
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid): Pencil: Urban Decay. This is amazing and actually doesn't come off. Liquid: MAC. Love it.
    Eyeshadow: I like Barry M just coz it's colourful. MAC is also good.
    Foundation & Concealer: MAC (again lol) for foundation I like. The Studio Tech one is good. Also Prescriptive is pretty good. Don't know much about concealer sorry.
    Lipgloss/sticks: Haha sorry to sound like a broken record but MAC. Also surprisingly have a nice couple from Barry M.
    Brushes etc. I like MAC brushes, but they can be pricey, and I've found that the Ruby&Millie ones in boots are surprisingly good.
    Any other cosmetics: Blusher..Nars Orgasm is lovely. Ooh and Benefit High Beam.
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? I use Urban Decay Eye Primer as it really keeps your eyeshadow on all day without it smudging etc. I also use MAC prep n prime powder after putting my foundation on as it keeps it on all day :yep:

Well I hope that helps even just a little bit! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion. Costs about £13 and worth every penny. Use it and your eyeshadow is going nowhere.

Everything else:
    Eyeshadows: mac - Blend easiest, good range of colours, good pigmentation etc
    mascara - don't really have a favourite. I'm using a sample of no.7 last 360 and it's pretty good. I think it costs about £8 for a full tube of it
    foundation - Clinique superbalanced - nice texture, matches my skintone well, not too heavy, £20 for a bottle.
    To hide bags under your eyes: Boiing by benefit. Love it

I've done the same as you recently, stopped using crappy cheat stuff and using better quality. It's made me more confident for one thing, and I even had an old mate say to me 'since when did you become beautiful?'. I'll take it with a pinch of salt but hey, a compliment is a compliment

ReputationRep:
    Mascara- My favourite mascara is Chanel Inimitable, closely followed by YSL Faux Cils and Chanel Exceptionnel. Max Factor False Lash is also good.
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid)-I love MAC pencils, especially Teddy and Smolder, and Urban Decay 24-7 liners (especially Lust and Covet). I don't use conventional liquid but I love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners and MAC Fluidlines.
    Lipgloss/sticks- I love MAC lipsticks, especially Lady Danger and Girl Aboit Town.
    Brushes etc.-MAC brushes are the best and last forever if well cared for.
    Any other cosmetics- I am a huge fan of Chanel nail polish, Tweezerman tweezers and Nars blusher.
    Hope that was of use If I knew your colouring I would recommend shades, I'm a fair skinned blue eyed blonde.

ReputationRep:
    I love Rimmel London's Exaggerate liquid eye liner. Mine lasts all day. :yep:
    Also, Urban Decay's primer potion is amazing. It really makes your eye shadow last and gets rid of creases. It also makes the colours stand out.

Also, while we're on this topic, can anyone recommend a long lasting lipstick? I have a red one by L'Oreal, but its kinda ****, and its gone about 10 minutes after I apply it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kytiane)
    I don't use much makeup, but when I do occasionally wear foundation I use Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid - it's amazing! Goes on really smoothly and blends really well. I hardly have to use much as well =D Provides a nice coverage ^-^ Just like the advert says, it's like an airbrush in a bottle~
    Will rep you tomorrow, 1 for the make-up and 2 coz your sig made me laugh :p:

ReputationRep:
    Was loving Smashbox primer but got one of the new l'oreal ones and I love it.

Foundation - MAC Studio Tech
    Concealer - Benefit Boi-ing (But I know loads of people hate it)
    Eyeshadow - Mac & Urban Decay for colours I wear all the time, I got a bit too excited when I saw MAC now sell pan shadows online and I don't have to go to all the way to westfield.
    Mascara - Maybelline Lash Stiletto
    Eyeliner - MAC Fluid Line and No7 Eye Pencil
    Powder & Lipgloss - I like my Rimmel.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear is great. The best i have used in a long time. Theres a light version which is just as good but not as heavy. I put it on when I get up at 7 in the morning and its still there when I wash my face at night. Even without reapplying it. It's expensive but really worth it. and a bottle lasts ages as you only need a little bit and as it lasts all day, no need to use more throughout the day. I use mac studio stick concealer at the minute.

For eyeshadows and eyeliners, it has to be urban decay. They last ages, go on easy and the colours are beautiful. Mac are also really good. I also bought a B never 2 busy 2 b beautiful eyeshadow in London and i have to say I was really impressed. Except you don't get very much of it.

My fav mascaras are Rimmel (really i usually hate their stuff) Sexy Curves or Clinque High Impact Curling mascara. I also recommend some good eyelash curlers. Makes the effect last so much longer.

Ruby and Mille brushes are good. Really soft.

I have experimented with primers but honestly don't see much difference. I do love the urban decay eyeshadow potion primer for eyes but otherwise i just use a good moisturiser under make up. There is a clarins one that wasn't bad.

For lipstick, if you prefer it, rimmel moisture renew is good. Lipgloss, my favourite is Benefit. or the collection 2000 love your lips one is actually really good and pretty cheap.

I also use Benefit high beam for some highlighting and maybelline dream mousse blush. Finish it all of with Mac powder.

ReputationRep:
    I love my 8hr sleep effect from bourjois, and their 3d lipgloss...mmm nice

ooooo and i love no7 eyeliners, purple and green

ReputationRep:
    Foundation from MAC is the best I've ever used.

ReputationRep:
    Max factor foundation - ive had to try heaps of different foundations and this one is the best i found by far. my skin is combination/oily though. And the push top means you dont waste any.

A housemate told me about the best eyeliner, I use it now and refuse to use anything else!
    its Urban Decay 24/7
    Doesn't rub away, doesn't smudge, really good quality

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.