Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bobbi Brown's concealer kit is AH-MA-ZING
    You can get it from John Lewis counters for about £21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanessa44)
    Where does everyone get the MAC makeup from?
    hey um I don't know where your from but in London there's a MAC shop in Soho, and Westfield's, and there's stalls in most department stores - Fenwick s in Brent cross, John Lewis and Selfridges - Oxford Street, and I think most Selfridges do it too

ReputationRep:
    Mascara "Great lash" (the pink and green bottle) is very popular for a reason, it is very black but can be a bit spidery but I'm into it.
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid) Bourjois does nice khol pencils, MAC's liquid liners are the best but any drugstore brand will do tbh. but NOT collection 2000 - its liquid liners are utter ****.
    Eyeshadow ANY EYESHADOW WILL BE GREAT IF YOU USE URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION. It's just like priming your face. I like barry M because of the colours.
    Foundation & Concealer I'm into illamasqua. Expensive though
    Lipgloss/sticks barry m does loads of nice lipsticks and their lipglosses aren't very pigmented but are very tasty
    Brushes etc. mac, the body shop does some ok ones
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? udpp, too faced primer, and face primers are necessary for foundation, anyone who says they aren't is a makeup noob. most face primers are the same imo, get one with an spf.

ReputationRep:
    I am a qualified make up artist and nail technician (having a change of career now) as we all know us students are often on a budget so these are my highly recommended products that are reasonable price hope it helps.

Please advise on your favorite:
    Mascara- Rimmel volume flash extreme black
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid) Rimmel exaggerate liquid eyeliner and rimmel special eyes kohl eye liner pencil (i use liquid for top lid and pencil for bottom)
    Eyeshadow me me me from superdrug is a great range long lasting as well
    Foundation & Concealer Rimmel hide the blemish concealer and collection 2000 natural matt
    Lipgloss/sticks Sally hansen in mocha lipgloss lipstick rimmel
    Brushes etc. Brushes you can buy a full set on ebay for £7 24 brushes i think or you can buy mac brushes for around £7 each
    Any other cosmetics
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? primers are great for under eyeshadow if your going clubbing, however if on a real budget just use foundation and then cover with powder before applying eyeshadow.

ReputationRep:
    Benifit playsticks! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Mascara
    Chanel Inimitable.
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid)
    Pencil - WSeven Gel pencil liner.
    Liquid - MAC Fluidline in blacktrack.

Eyeshadow
    MAC individual shadows.
    Foundation & Concealer
    Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation.
    Prescriptives Camouflage Cream concealer.

Lipgloss/sticks
    Revlon Lipglide. Superb.
    Brushes etc.
    Always go for the best you can afford - MAC are classics.
    Any other cosmetics
    Never forget to powder your concealer and foundation for a long lasting finish. I recommend Chanel Poudre Universelle.
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary?
    I use Clarin's Beauty Flash Balm. It creates a really smooth base for concealer/foundation.
    I LOVE beauty flash balm, always used to use my mums, but shes hidden it now

ReputationRep:
    There is no better mascara than Exceptionnel de Chanel. It's not waterproof, but I would have to be crying for ages or it would have to be raining really hard for it to run. It has the best brush ever and makes your eyelashes look amaaaaaazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I LOVE beauty flash balm, always used to use my mums, but shes hidden it now
    Haha, mum's are great aren't they! lol. My mum bought one too, and then she didn't use it, so she gave it to me to try. I didn't quite get the point of it until I'd used it a few times. It does make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    rimmel sexy curve mascara, nars madly blush and chanel tea rose blush

ReputationRep:
    I use:
    Mascara- Lancome High Definition Mascara in Black
    Eyeliner- L'Oreal Contour Resist in Black
    Eyeshadow- Urban Decay Ammo Box w/ Primer
    Foundation- Clinique Soft Finish Makeup for oily skin
    Concealer- Touche Eclat (light-reflecting) & Benefit Boing (spot coverage)
    Lipgloss- Lancome Juicy Tubes in Vanilla Soul
    Blusher- Benefit Dallas Powder
    Brushes- I think they were a set from Boots, quite cheap and good quality

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is also a fantastic investment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Haha, mum's are great aren't they! lol. My mum bought one too, and then she didn't use it, so she gave it to me to try. I didn't quite get the point of it until I'd used it a few times. It does make a difference!
    Lucky! She still lets me borrow it very rarely on special occasions. It helps to make it look like I have been looking after myself even if I have been getting 4 hrs sleep a night and drinking barely any water.

ReputationRep:
    Mascara
    Max factor masterpiece
    Don’t use any, but I’ve heard MAC fluidline is pretty good
    Eyeshadow
    Bonjouris little round pot eyeshadow, Mac shimmer eyeshadow, Maybelline dream mousse
    Foundation & Concealer
    Max factor colour ideal, love that stuff it make my skin look so flawless.
    Brushes etc.
    I used to have cheap brushes before, but now I’ve recently changed my brushes to Mac, It was the best decision I made.
    Blushes
    Bonjouris round pot blushers, Mac powder satin blush, Mac cream blushes, Bobbi brown Pot rouge
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? I don’t use any primer I just use Olay moisturiser before putting my makeup on.

ReputationRep:
    Mascara - I use bad gal mascara by benefit & High Definition mascara by clinique only because I like my eyelashes to look huge. So it depends on what kind of look you are going for but generally I go for clinique because they have a lot of different styles plus the mascara doesn't clump together like a lot of others do.

Eyeliner (pencil & liquid)- I don't really use liquid because it doesn't look good on me but generally I use kohl maxfactor eyeliner because it smudges really well (Generally I make my eyes sort of smokey looking). Again the clinique eyeliner is really good!

Eyeshadow - I use MAC. BEST EVER. Seriously I love it. I've had a navy blue one for at least a year, I use it every day (or more or less) and it still hasn't run out. You don't need a lot of it either as it stays on really well and it has a really good colour not like other eyeshadows which barely stay on at all.

Foundation & Concealer - I use clinique yet again! aha ..it's not too thick so it doesn't have that stage make up kind of look but it still has enough coverage. Another one which is quite good is Bourjoir which is about £10 it's in a tube with a brush on the end of it.. you'll see it in boots. It's actually made by the makers of chanel

Lipgloss/sticks - Benefit's lip berry tint or any of the lipglosses by Dior. They're amazing.

Brushes etc. - I tend not to use brushes for foundations, but m&s actually do really good eyeshadow brushes. They're about £8 but they're not course like some brushes where they like scratch your eyelid .. They're quite thick so you can more or less get the eyelid done with one stroke.

Any other cosmetics - Erase Paste by Benefit is SO good. I bought it in the airport at Glasgow but you can get it in any benefit stall (Debenahms usually has one) It's basically a little pot of thick concealer that you dab on spots or dark circles...infact it's fantastic for dark circles. It's about £15 but it's so seriously worth it and a little goes a LONG way.

Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? - For eye make up yes. Especially if it's a light colour you're putting on your eyes like white or cream. Lemon-aid by Benefit is good.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Dream Matte Mousse from Maybelline. It gives really nice natural coverage, doesn't look cakey, and lasts all day. I don't even have to use powder over the top (although when I do wear powder it's generally Rimmel). Also, my favourite mascara at the moment is No7 Intense Volume. It's amazing, really makes your eyes pop, and cos I use the really black one (can't remember the actual colour of it) I've found I rarely have to use eye liner with it. Also, I don't know if you can get it here, but when I was in Canada I bought some eye make-up from La Senza. It's called Beauty Rush and it's by Victoria's secret. I bough eyeshadow, which comes in a bottle like eyeliner, with a sponge applicator attached to the lid. It glides on really well, and it stays put. And I got 6 items for $20 so it was really cheap.
    Here's the link for the website in Canada
    http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=5696

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    I need new makeup, a lot of the products I currently use are cheap tat from years ago when I knew nothing about makeup :ahee: so I'm going to have a clear out this weekend! :woo:

I have fair, combination skin, sometimes get the odd breakout so would like to avoid anything that is too oily/heavy or blocks pores. Ideally I want long-lasting as I hate having to re-apply in the day. Price is not an issue. :nah:

Mascara
    Eyeshadow
    Foundation & Concealer
    Lipgloss/sticks
    Brushes etc.
    Any other cosmetics

Will +rep best replies. Will also post results/reviews of products I decide to buy. :yep:

Cheers.
    If you want something light, I adore my new 'Nutritious Vita-mineral' Estee Lauder foundation. It's really light, I can hardly feel it on but it makes my skin look flawless and I never have to reapply during the day. It's also mineral foundation so it's MUCH better for you than ordinary foundation. I alsoooo love it because it's liquid mineral foundation, not the annoying powder stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Eyeliner (pencil & liquid) L'oreal do a good liquid, for pencil I like Barry M. If you want long lasting look no further than Mac for liquid liner... IT DOES NOT SHIFT!!! It once lasted days on me, even with using eye makeup remover.
    Eyeshadow Definitely MAC. They do so many shades and are easy to use.
    Foundation & Concealer Benefit concealer (the putty one) and Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect (or something like that)
    Brushes etc. Mac
    Any other cosmetics Benefit throb blusher and also benefit moonbeam
    Also primers? And whether you think they are necessary? Yes. I've found MAC primer to be very good

There's a mac shop in covent garden, london which is good.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment my favourite product is effacernes longue tenue by Lancome. It really is a good concealer.

ReputationRep:
    Mascara: Clinique have a really good one called "High Impact Mascara" that gives you more length and volume.. it's really good for thickening your eyelashes up and making it look like you have false lashes on :} and you don't have to keep re-applying it - works wonders

Foundation & Concealer: For concealer I use this one from The Body Shop which has tea-tree oil in it, in order to help clear the spots you're covering - it works pretty well and is only a fivva. And as for foundation, Dior do a really good one called "Dior Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Make-Up". It's really good for everyday use as it's not too thick but gives good coverage; it also has zinc in it which is really good for keeping your skin clear. And to top it all off, it also has SPF 10 in it, so you don't go pink when out in the sun. It's a bit pricey (£20-£25) but it's one of those products where you really appreciate its amazing quality - the only thing is, it gets you hooked so you can't ever go back to stuff like L'Oréal or Maybelline, haha. :{

Liquid eyeliner: MAC do a stunning liquid eyeliner that I use when I'm going out for the evening, or just fancy something different. I love it because it goes on so easily and doesn't smudge/flake/rub off etc. The colours they do it in are stunning too; I have it in 'Aqualine' but have a look for yourself: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templa...T_ID=PROD70268. Strongly recommend :}

Also, if you're looking for cleanser/toner that are brilliant on your skin, try Clarins. I've been using them for years because I used to suffer from acne when I was about 13 and out of all the things my doctor prescribed me with, I found Clarins probably worked the best. They're really good for clearing your skin up and keeping it feeling fresh and clean. I use the Cleansing Milk and Toner every night after I remove my make-up and the results are really visable when you wake up in the morning. If I could kiss the inventor of Clarins, believe me I would

Sorry for rambling - good luck with your search!

ReputationRep:
    Clinique Superfit foundation is amazing- it's oil-free and really does last all day :yes:

Mascara wise I love Maxfactor's false lash effect...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    I need new makeup, a lot of the products I currently use are cheap tat from years ago when I knew nothing about makeup :ahee: so I'm going to have a clear out this weekend! :woo:

I have fair, combination skin, sometimes get the odd breakout so would like to avoid anything that is too oily/heavy or blocks pores. Ideally I want long-lasting as I hate having to re-apply in the day. Price is not an issue. :nah:

Mascara
    Eyeshadow
    Foundation & Concealer
    Lipgloss/sticks
    Brushes etc.
    Any other cosmetics

Will +rep best replies. Will also post results/reviews of products I decide to buy. :yep:

Cheers.
    I use benefits lip and cheek tint its like a blush and lipstick in one it won't clog your pores and its just right for sensitive skin. Lip and cheek tint
    I like lipcotes lipstick sealer as well because you do not have to keep reapplying your lipstick all the time.Lipcote
    Gel eyeline is brilliant it never smudges when it is raining Gel Eyeliner
    If your skin is sensitive and you hate reapplying makeup revlon colorstay is very good Revlon Colourstay
    HTH

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.