Turn on thread page Beta

King's college VS. UMIST. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi,I received offers from both King's college in London,and UMIST in Manchester,as I am doing management &business,could anyone tell me which one I should choose??
    I am sure I can achieve the grades they asked for,but not sure which one is better.
    thanks very much in advance,,and please kindly give some advices...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    hi,I received offers from both King's college in London,and UMIST in Manchester,as I am doing management &business,could anyone tell me which one I should choose??
    I am sure I can achieve the grades they asked for,but not sure which one is better.
    Toss a coin.

ReputationRep:
    UMIST is the institution whose graduates are most employable. And the merger with Manchester University can only be a good thing. But hear the other side of the argument from someone else, I'm a little biased...

ReputationRep:
    UMIST no longer exists, it has been merged with manchester university. I'd take the UMIST course. I know UMIST do a very good Business and management course.

I think you'll have to get the course outlines and see which course has the most that appeals to you, eg subjects covered, flexibility to change etc.

It also depends on whether you want to be in manchester or london, it doesn't only depend on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know about the specific course at KCL but KCL is fantastic, everyone is really friendly and they have a very pro-active student union - students' opinions are considered 'properly' shown by the continual improvements made to various courses due to students' suggestions (for medicine anyway but could apply to other courses). Also, London is a great place to be situated, you'll always have something to do - not so good if you prefer a 'quieter' environment though.

All the things I mentioned could also be applied to UMIST though, haven't ever visited UMIST so can't really comment in that respect

ReputationRep:
    Might I suggest KCL.

UMIST is much more respected than KCL, KCL generally seen as only being good for medicine/bio/chem etc

ReputationRep:

I'll happily admit to being biased, but Manchester does rock. UMIST is a top class univiersity, and next year, with it becoming part of the biggest university in Western Europe, it can only improve.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.