Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to live there but moved 3 years ago and used to love drinking in Fats.

I am aware Jumpin Jaks, Buskers and The Page closed down and I believe Club XS/Twisted Wheel is the only club left or am I wrong?

I assume Botchergate is still the main drinking area but heard Mood has closed(loved it there) I used to like Walkabout too but got too cramped.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Wheel closed down again last year, due to losing their DJs to TCs, which is where The Page was. Concrete is still open. Mood closed down unexpectedly quite a while ago - it was open one day and closed the next. There's still plenty of bars on Botchergate, Walkabout is still there, The Litten Tree has been renamed Party Party and Terminal 1 is still open. Rouge is now a strip/lap dancing place.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from carlisle, I personally think the night life is awful. You are pretty limited and it's full of potentially rude people. I hardly ever go out drinking here and I actually cannot wait to escape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siniquity)
    I'm from carlisle, I personally think the night life is awful. You are pretty limited and it's full of potentially rude people. I hardly ever go out drinking here and I actually cannot wait to escape.
    Its a love/hate relationship with me, I liked clubbing but felt the same as you till I moved out of area and despite having loads more pubs and cheap ones I miss Carlisle, that being said I havent been out since Buskers closed there.

I know all the pubs I like have closed i.e Yates, The Page(though has reopened) Britannia/Finnegans Wake(and is now a resturant) Glasshouse and not sure about Robinsons, used to like the Guild too, Fats was good for a few drinks then home but depressing otherwise.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.