Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you can't take me at my worst, you certainly don't deserve me at my best!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it funny how some people (not all!) of both sex's (so as not to be sexist) don't want anything to do with you when life takes a bad turn, when you're in the gutter, no matter how hard you try, you're only ever left with those 1 or 2 friends who would stand by you through ANYTHING!

However when you're cards are up and you're doing great, everyone wants to know you and be your lifelong "loyal" (pah hahaha) friend!

Nothing has happened recently to make me start this thread, just thought it'd be good for people to share some of their past situations and have a chat about the people who were perhaps once appeared to be close to them and ended up being a huge let down etc...

So, are you sick of letting people in to your life, just to get crapped on?

You get the picture! Start talking people

ReputationRep:
    No because I know nice people and they don't crap on me

ReputationRep:
    Maybe people should get better friends?

ReputationRep:
    I still get crapped on when things are going great for me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I suppose that's when you find out who your true friends are, when you need them the most.

ReputationRep:
    Oh i whole heartedly agree with you both... I have awesome friends now, i changed a lot about myself over the last couple of years....

Sometimes though, you don't always know what people are really like... One of my best friends in the world of 14 years just got up and left one day, a week or so after i forwarded them £4K for a new car! He's living down south now and only his sister still talks to me, he knows he's done wrong yet he doesn't seem to care...

What changed him so much? I know plenty about the obvious before you say anything too, anything regarding drugs, drink, running from debt etc is out... He just went weird... 14 years is a long time and i felt let down by that!

ReputationRep:
    I had a group of people who I once called friends who were happy to stick by me when everything was hunky dory..however as soon as the **** hit the fan, they were the one's to run away the fastest.

Originally I was upset that they'd abandoned me but my life has been so much better without them so good riddance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I've been there!

When I left school a few years ago, I realised that I was the person who was only contacted to social events as a last resort, or when people felt sorry for me. I also realised that people began to get in touch often once life was going great for me. Mind you these are the kind of people who's idea of depression is feeling fed up because mummy can't take them to school and they'd have to make their own way there. God forbid you should use a bus! lmao. These days my newer friends are better, and understand the term friendship

Haha little bit of a rant there, soz :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    I had a group of people who I once called friends who were happy to stick by me when everything was hunky dory..however as soon as the **** hit the fan, they were the one's to run away the fastest.

Originally I was upset that they'd abandoned me but my life has been so much better without them so good riddance.
    Indeed, very true! In past years, specially when i was young i had a lot of ******** friends, i spent years doing nothing but working, drinking and taking drugs and hanging around with idiots etc.... I woke up oneday and said enough is enough, not just for me but i'm not putting my family through it anymore, they don't deserve this and neither do i, i know i'm better!

From that very day i put my head down 10 times harder at work and as a result of giving up a vast array of drugs and just drinking at weekends etc, i saved the money to spend 2 gorgeous long (4 months and 7 weeks) summers in Australia travelling all up and down the east coast and visiting friends of the family out there... I spent 7 weeks in Texas last year which i love (kicks the ass off the rest of America!)....

Anythings possible, even for a former ********... Just gotta work hard, look after yourself and learn a much higher degree of respect for the ones who love you and ignor the ones who don't, they're not worth your efforts. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. With my previous group of friends, it was always me they came to if anything was wrong or for advice or whatnot, because they knew it wouldn't go any further and I would do the very best I could to help them. Yet if I was in any type of situation needing help/support etc, I wouldn't see them for dust. With them it was almost 'take me at my worst but forget me at my best' because that's how it felt sometimes. Thankfully (through other events), I saw the light and got rid

Edit:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    Just gotta work hard, look after yourself and learn a much higher degree of respect for the ones who love you and ignor the ones who don't, they're not worth your efforts. :yep:
    Definitely!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gez_09*)
    Oh yeah I've been there!

When I left school a few years ago, I realised that I was the person who was only contacted to social events as a last resort, or when people felt sorry for me. I also realised that people began to get in touch often once life was going great for me. Mind you these are the kind of people who's idea of depression is feeling fed up because mummy can't take them to school and they'd have to make their own way there. God forbid you should use a bus! lmao. These days my newer friends are better, and understand the term friendship

Don't be sorry sweets, get it off your chest!

I know exactly what you mean... I have an AWESOME group of friends nowadays, we'd do anything for anyone who needed our help, even if we didn't know them (within reason)!

Don't get me started on kids and their "depression" lol... Yes, some younger people can and do go through hard times which don't help.... But the jokers who claim to be depressed because their brother stole their ipod or won't give them back their nintendo DS
    need a serious reality check...

So here's for all the kids on here... Depression is not a 5 minuite tizzy fit, it nearly cost me my life and although i'm vastly improved now, i suffered with depression for years... haloperidol and Diazipam are not nice drugs to be dosed up on 24/7... Get you're whinging arses out and do something creative instead of sitting there moaning and crying like paris hilton on a combination of Acid and Ket!

ReputationRep:
    This phrase has a lot of meaning in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    Isn't it funny how some people (not all!) of both sex's (so as not to be sexist) don't want anything to do with you when life takes a bad turn, when you're in the gutter, no matter how hard you try, you're only ever left with those 1 or 2 friends who would stand by you through ANYTHING!

However when you're cards are up and you're doing great, everyone wants to know you and be your lifelong "loyal" (pah hahaha) friend!

Nothing has happened recently to make me start this thread, just thought it'd be good for people to share some of their past situations and have a chat about the people who were perhaps once appeared to be close to them and ended up being a huge let down etc...

So, are you sick of letting people in to your life, just to get crapped on?

You get the picture! Start talking people
    It's the bad times that show you who your real friends are. You get to find out who really cares about you as much as they say they do. I'm not very good in tough situations but i do try to help and make sure my friends know that I care.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon its human nature. people like to be around people who make them smile/laugh etc. How can one make others smile if they can't even smile themselves.

but I agree with you, I've never been friends with the same group of people for more then 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    It's the bad times that show you who your real friends are. You get to find out who really cares about you as much as they say they do. I'm not very good in tough situations but i do try to help and make sure my friends know that I care.

Well, the simple fact that at least you try says a lot of good things about you, wether you think you're any good in these situations or not, it's people like you who extend the effort who are the ones to keep hold of and look after unconditionally... You never know when just being present with a friend during a difficult time may bring them through something that could have been much worse Well done you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gez_09*)
    Oh yeah I've been there!

Yay for you! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's such a treasure to have a real friend, who would stick by you through ANYTHING and i mean anything, lie for you, the lot. I have about 4/5 friends who would do this out of about 30 'friends'....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I still get crapped on when things are going great for me.
    My bad > your great.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.