Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

where to go on a first date? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, im 19 and im gonna be taking out a 17 year old girl. Where do you think I should take her, and what about first kissing?, have not had to much experience on this front, just snogging girls in clubs if im honest, dont want to scare her by a snog on the first date

ReputationRep:
    Kiss on the lips if you're a gentleman, snog if you're not! Go for fish and chips at the seaside for your first day, if it's nice weather.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take her to the cinema. Kiss is always good and a snog if you feel it went really well!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe cinema so its not too awkward then out for a meal? Just kiss her

ReputationRep:
    im sure someone of her age would love to go to a mcdonalds ball pit

ReputationRep:
    one i dont live near the seaside, cinema is the only thing i can think of, a meal might be a bit full on

ReputationRep:
    Picnic? fun, doesn't feel like a formal date so it's much easier to talk. A slice of chocolate too?

ReputationRep:
    Cinema is a no, thats not good for getting to know someone on a first date, go somewhere you can talk and have a good time, go for a coffee, or a walk.

ReputationRep:
    Anal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Anal
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO you are teh funnisesy hahahahahha!

ReputationRep:
    picninc in the park, calm settings
    starbucks is good as well
    caffe nero
    nice calm setting

ReputationRep:
    just go shopping with her!! loooolll
    and dont kiss her on her lips and if she wants more then kiss her properly =)

ReputationRep:
    take her shopping. girls love shopping, and if you're funny and confident you can have so much. and if you're really confident, you can even get them into the changing rooms with you.

ReputationRep:
    Something that is really relaxed, to the point that even friends could get away with doing it, and something that means you do alot of talking. Most people I talk to count cinema out straight away - because all you do is sit and stare at a screen, not get to know each other and chat. Deffinitly a picnic, or even a walk around the shops, or is there anything in particular to do in your area? Bowling? A friend of mine just took a girl out on a second date on a 'haunted tour of Liverpool' thing, said they both had lots of fun

i usually take someone ice skating on a first date. its different, it gives you an excuse to hold her hand to stop her falling over (providing she cant ice skate), its a laugh and all the times ive took someone it had broken the ice (:awesome:) easily and allows you to relax and get to know each other.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on the don't go to the cinema, no point in trying to get to know a girl by taking her to a place where you cant talk and just sit in silence for an hour and a bit.
    Not really sure tbh, don't really do dates as such, i tend to just go to their house..

ReputationRep:
    Her mums bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    i usually take someone ice skating on a first date. its different, it gives you an excuse to hold her hand to stop her falling over (providing she cant ice skate), its a laugh and all the times ive took someone it had broken the ice (:awesome:) easily and allows you to relax and get to know each other.
    I failed on this a few years back. It was her dragging my ass off the floor. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Anal

hahahahhah noggy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    well my new BF took me to Halfords and McDs :P then we stoped for a drink on the way home its was fun

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.