Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my friend accidently let slip today.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi people.

Basically, i've just graduated from uni and have feelings for a former housemate of mine.

Whilst we were out tonight with mates from back home, one of my friends let slip that I fancied my former uni housemate. However the problem is that one of my friends from bk home was also a former housemate of mine...he said it was 'fairly obvious' that I liked her...now i'm cooncerned he might tell her how i feel

Where should I go from here? Should I tell her?

Thx

ReputationRep:
    Kinda immature if he says it to her that you like her.

The whole thing is kinda immature if you ask me. At your age that is, which I take it is 22-23?

ReputationRep:
    If you like her enough, yes, tell her yourself. You never know what she might say back. Take the jump

ReputationRep:
    What are you, 12? Grow a pair.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 21, going on 22, just dont want to mess my chances up with this girl, thts all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps2mint)
    i'm 21, going on 22, just dont want to mess my chances up with this girl, thts all...
    man up, posting on tsr IS going to mess your chances with a girl as opposed to telling her outright.

ReputationRep:
    It wont mess up your chances, if she likes you (which I doubt) she will not be put off by finding out you're interested, it will encourage her to like you more.

If she doesn't like you in that way, then it might make her awkward around you if she finds out about your interest, which is probably what you're worried about.

ReputationRep:
    If he tells her im sure its not the end of the world, why not beat them and tell her yourself, they may not even tell her. I doubt even if someone said that to her it would mess your chances up that much. Just take the moment and tell her.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is this, primary school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    It wont mess up your chances, if she likes you (which I doubt) she will not be put off by finding out you're interested, it will encourage her to like you more.

If she doesn't like you in that way, then it might make her awkward around you if she finds out about your interest, which is probably what you're worried about.
    How do u know if she likes me or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps2mint)
    How do u know if she likes me or not?
    Well there's only one way to find out, right? Seriously, just go for it. The worst thing that could happen is that she doesn't fancy you, and frankly, if you keep being so awkward about it she probably won't ever fancy you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, if no one (not even you) doesn't tell her you fancy her, how is she supposed to know? You can't just hedge your bets and wait for the perfect moment, because that moment will never come. Take a risk.

ReputationRep:
    just tell the girl before your mate gets the chance to. your nearly 22 man, time is precious, take the plunge or you WILL definitely regret not trying for the rest of your life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.