Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anon for obvious reasons

Had ALOT OF OBVIOUS AND MUTUAL interest from this girl a few years back . Things fizzled out but I bumped into her recently and we swapped numbers. I text her this evening but didnt get a text back.
    I take it most girls who are interested would reply immediately-so get the message. Is it worth persisting or should I forget bout it

ReputationRep:
    Give it until tommorow at least.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was hit by a bus on her way home.

ReputationRep:
    She may have been busy, don't lose hope just yet

ReputationRep:
    Wait two days. Send another one. If no reply, forget about it. She's not into you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    Wait two days. Send another one. If no reply, forget about it. She's not into you.

Saying that, a guy I met once texted me a lot. I rarely replied but he really kept persisting we met up for a drink. So I took him up on his offer, preparing to be disappointed.

He turned into my bf

ReputationRep:
    Give it some more time. She might:

1) Not have credit

2) Be busy

3) Not have the phone with her

ReputationRep:
    Why not just give her a casual call tomorrow evening or so? Much better than texting.

ReputationRep:
    omdz i hate when my mates complain that i never text back maybe she was just busy or just couldnt b bothered to text back! and thought shed rather talk to u then text u
    or like above probably didnt have cred

ReputationRep:
    She may be having ahhhhhh...u know what i mean?

ReputationRep:
    These unwritten laws of text messaging always prove to be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Dont write it off just yet, there may be many a reason as to the reason she didnt text back etc.

Wait for a few days, then if no reply it is abit more likely that she isnt interested, not if she dosent text back in a few hours, patience is the key here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)

BIG noooooo
    1 txt no reply f*** that b****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon for obvious reasons

Had ALOT OF OBVIOUS AND MUTUAL interest from this girl a few years back . Things fizzled out but I bumped into her recently and we swapped numbers. I text her this evening but didnt get a text back.
    I take it most girls who are interested would reply immediately-so get the message. Is it worth persisting or should I forget bout it
    Did you get a delivery report?
    if not then maybe her phone wasnt turned on, or she gave u the wrong no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    BIG noooooo
    1 txt no reply f*** that b****
    Oh yes, I forgot about the rules of immature texting.

In the real world, messages may not get through and between two adults it's fine to send another text just to say you've not got a reply and you hope everything is ok.

Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    Oh yes, I forgot about the rules of immature texting.

In the real world, messages may not get through and between two adults it's fine to send another text just to say you've not got a reply and you hope everything is ok.

Grow up.
    lol i dont know about the "immature texting" ruels
    its 2009, phones are 3G and got hsdpa, so defenetly not gona fail on a 2G service, plus you get delivery reposrts

trust me, when a girls txts me more than once, i can tell shes desperate:yep:

ReputationRep:
    For you, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    there are loads of reasons (above) as to why she might not have been able to text you back. dont overthink it too much dude. text her tomorrow if she hasnt texted back by then. if she doesnt text back after that then tbh she is probably just playing immature games with you and you should just leave her alone, its not worth it after that.

ReputationRep:
    She's playin' the hard to get game, you should demonstrate to her that there's plenty more fish in the swimming pool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Saying that, a guy I met once texted me a lot. I rarely replied but he really kept persisting we met up for a drink. So I took him up on his offer, preparing to be disappointed.

He turned into my bf
    He turned into him? Like a transformer?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.