Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so theres a girl i really like at the mo and i intend to ask her out tomorrow/today. known the girl for awhile and she's a good friend and normally would not ask but finally decided that i would and this is most likely going to be my last chance so want to atleast have a go, the fear of rejection no longer scares me though which is good.

Anyhow the main problem i face is as follows, she has had a few people ask her out before and it seems a common way of asking is to ask her out for coffee (as she is a bif coffee addict) but i fear this may now seem somewhat generic and by using it could lower my chances with her.

What would a good alternative way to ask her be?

ReputationRep:
    Ask if she wants to go for a picnic with you or a walk, dont know if that is a little full on for a first meet up, if not jsut stick to the coffee as it is quite casual and im sure she isnt going to mind, it will let you have a chance to talk and have a good time, i shouldnt matter who has taken her there before really.

ReputationRep:
    I say be Crazy ask her Skiing if you have somewhere near you to ski, or ask her to a concert or something different, somewhere she would really want to go, that way she cannt say no.
    Plus she would think your rather exciting if you do that rather than the usual boring "lets go for coffee".

ReputationRep:
    Or take a thermosk filled with coffee and take her out for a stroll somewhere romantic or for a picnic

ReputationRep:
    ok me and my current boyfriend went out for so many coffees before we started going out, it was ridiculous. We both convinced ourselves that the other one didn't like us and it got confusing. SO go out for one coffee, be flirty and up front, say you're going out this friday and say you hope she'll be there too. She will. Don't get with someone else (again what my current boyfriend did) but go up to her and talk to her and dance with her and buy her afew drinks and go in for a kiss or hold her hand, do something physical to let her know you want to be with her. Me and my boyfriend were rubbish before we went out, we got together about a year after we started liking each other, we got pissed at a festival, i was sat in the chair next to him, somehow we started holding hands and I can't remember the rest. It's good though, I still like him and we've been together 11 months. Just please be a dare devil, don't be afraid, if she doesn't like you, she won't agree to go out for coffee with you (unless she is busy). Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveish)
    she has had a few people ask her out before and it seems a common way of asking is to ask her out for coffee

What would a good alternative way to ask her be?
    Ask her out for tea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    Ask her out for tea?
    That's just so crazy it could work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveish)
    That's just so crazy it could work
    Haha good man. Seriously don't worry about it too much. Concentrate on being good company and hey, if coffee has worked in the past you may as well give it a shot. I like the idea of being original but the fact is that it has worked before and may prepare her for what you are going to say. Good luck what ever you choose!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    take her for a chocolate smoothie. if its **** then just go for a walk. dont confine yourself to one space for the date. just say something like "meet me in town at 1" and if the weather is nice then take her for a walk in a park or something. the first date shouldnt seem like a "date"...ive found its better if its really light and informal to find out if you ACTUALLY will like her as a potential GF

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.