Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well its the summer before college and three of my best friends have birthdays around now, so i decided to make them customized shoes. i often draw on my hand and my friend's hands, random lyrics stuck in my head and such, so i decided to use that, sort of something to remember me by.

i already gave the shoes to two of my friends, and i forgot to take pictures, so these are the only ones i have. they seemed to like them a lot, and i was just wondering if any of you guys thought that they were the type of thing would buy, and if so around how much would you pay for them?

ReputationRep:
    they are actually amazing, you're pretty talented!
    i'd definitely pay for something like that

ReputationRep:
    how about no

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't buy them. They're not my style. What would happen if they wore them in the rain though

ReputationRep:
    They are so cool!

ReputationRep:
    haha thats pretty cool , nice work!
    i am not a sneakers person at all but i would buy customised ones like that, as long as they had little sparkles or something too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I draw on my own shoes so I wouldn't have to buy them :p:

My brother bought a pair like that, handmade and they cost him £50 - he wore them on a rainy day, bad times.
    I sell mine for a £10 - make sur eyour pens are waterproof though

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't cause I stick to white plimsols only, black in extreme circumstances, but i know plenty of people that might pay a tenner, if you bought yours from primark for £4, you might be alrightyyyyy! Just makes ure it doesnt wash off!!

ReputationRep:
    That's really cute : ) I'd probably be too scared to wear them outside in case they got ruined, though, especially if a close friend had customised them for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle88)
    No, I wouldn't buy them. They're not my style. What would happen if they wore them in the rain though
    well it probably wouldnt be a good idea to wear them when its pouring outside, but i used permanent marker and waterproof sprayed them so they should be alright in a little moisture/drizzle

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my school already has a business like this:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...4062119?ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    mmm shoes.. £15 for a really awesome special pair.
    You have skills girl!

ReputationRep:
    They're kind of emo

ReputationRep:
    Not in that colour, but if i liked the words and in the right colour, yeah i would buy them.

ReputationRep:
    no way not my style.

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea - maybe with my favourite song lyrics. I'd buy them

ReputationRep:
    I think you have a good idea, there are people who already do it namely Kings Of Neon:

http://www.kingsofneon.com/

The 'Design your own' regularly sell out at £30 a pair for a standard UK size, so I suppose you could set up a shop (eBay, Facebook Group) as demand is there, however, I would suggest doing it through word of mouth to friends and extended friends at first to get a feel for it and whether it would be viale.

would you do requests or just what you are feeling like at the time?

Maybe contact Kings and see if they would take you on as an artist and work on a commission based (considering the musical reference in 99 problems item) I think you might be a success.

Hope this has been helpful and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.