Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British view on Swedish girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm Swedish myself and often get to hear that I look typically Swedish (naturally light blonde, blue eyes, 5'7'', thin). I've been to London three times, and when I'm there I get a lot of male attention, which is in a way very flattering, but quite a bit exaggerated to be honest.

Last time I was there, I was just about to turn 17, and I was there on holiday with my family. For example: men were shouting 'sexy' at me when we were walking in the streets, they were offering to buy me drinks when I was in the pub With my parents, one even sat down with us all night trying to chat me up(!). When I walked into another pub a group of guys stood up, pointed at me, whistled and clapped their hands. And whenever we were eating dinner in pubs, several waiters would constantly come up to our table and ask me if My food tasted good (not what the others thought about it), saying to me that Swedish girls are so beautiful, walking with me all the way to the toilets if I got up, etc, etc.

Would you say that this behaviour is common in England, or is it just a London thing?

I'm curious to know as I don't know what to expect when I move to Liverpool in September. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The men here are usually deprived of beautiful girls so when one appears they act like I've they've seen a leprechaun. Not that I'm trying to say you look like a little green man.

ReputationRep:
    They look too plain for me. No characteristic stand out. Just straight blonde hair, pale skin and big boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Ugly Swedish women are ugly.
    Pretty Swedish women are pretty.
    Interesting Swedish women are exciting.
    Boring Swedish women are boring.

You can replace Swedish with any nationality, and it still works. Amazing, that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Ugly Swedish women are ugly.
    Pretty Swedish women are pretty.
    Interesting Swedish women are exciting.
    Boring Swedish women are boring.

You can replace Swedish with any nationality, and it still works. Amazing, that.
    Well, that's obvious, but do they specifically get comments about their nationality as such? Is it equally common for men to walk up to (for example) Indian girls just to tell them they look typically Indian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esoterica)
    Well, that's obvious, but do they specifically get comments about their nationality as such? Is it equally common for men to walk up to (for example) Indian girls just to tell them they look typically Indian?
    There is a stereotype yes. Those who buy into it you should probably avoid, through

ReputationRep:
    I have to say Indian isn't really a popular 'sexy girl' nationality among men here, not compared to the French, Swedes, Latina and perhaps Irish.

I have a French female friend, who has a boyfriend, the chavs here are always all around her in a night out. There's always trouble.

ReputationRep:
    god your 1cmX1cm av makes me ******* wet as ****

hope that answers ya questions cuz seriously if i saw you i would take my hat off and say hi

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is full of animals. I wish you luck. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Liverpool is full of animals. I wish you luck. :yep:
    Haha, then perhaps it's a good thing that my boyfriend is moving there with me?

ReputationRep:
    lol how could that ever be a good thing, i know how the protection act is in stockholm and you seriously need to get your **** straight before you move like wow, be better than that

ReputationRep:
    Haha, then perhaps it's a good thing that my boyfriend is moving there with me?
    Don't worry, she hasn't been to Liverpool so she hasn't a clue. Liverpool is normal, just like everywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMAXin)
    lol how could that ever be a good thing, i know how the protection act is in stockholm and you seriously need to get your **** straight before you move like wow, be better than that
    "i know how the protection act is in stockholm" - Really? Do tell me about it then. I'm not sure I know what it's like in Stockholm...

I do however know that guys tend to act less pushy when I'm out with my boyfriend than when I'm alone

ReputationRep:
    yeah, in stockholm.
    you see the protection act here is far less vivid, where you're from a jucca gets mesmorised.
    and this isn't a warning it's an act of good will.

ReputationRep:
    the stereotype in england is that swedish women are sexually liberated &
    like dancing naked around maypole to abba ect
    stereotypes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Don't worry, she hasn't been to Liverpool so she hasn't a clue. Liverpool is normal, just like everywhere else.
    :lolwut:

Hello random internet person,

Unless you've stolen my passport, you have no idea where I have and have not visited.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.