Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey,

just wondering which final year revision courses are worthwhile? there are so many to choose from, and sooo expensive!!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go on any (save for the free medical ones our school put on each year)

Personally, I think they feed off fear and anxety for profit (very un-Good Medical Practice ). If you ask course organisers about profit, they all claim that there's not much money in it - bull! Hmmm - and none of the courses seem to offer assisted places for poorer students.

If you've made it to final year, you probably should have more confidence in your ability, while also bearing in mind that, almost universally, Finals are the easiest exams you will sit, as they are about basic compentence ensuring you are going to be a safe practitioner - you've done the proving knowledge superbod stuff in previous years.

If you think a course will give you confidence and make you feel less paniced about Finals, then go for it. However, don't feel that you HAVE to do one to PASS. Annecdotally, from my friends experiences, they felt that Ask Dr Clarke was the best - it certainly sounds like the one aimed at fun teaching and remembering rather than fact overload.

You've got this far, you CAN do it!!!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I did ask dr clarke, and it was certainly fun. I did feel, however, that it was a bit basic, but then our finals have a reputation for being a bit *******y. Overall I'd say that it was worth the money, if only to give a bit of a confidence boost, and Fluffy is absolutely right in that finals are actually the easiest exams you'll ever do (though my rose-tinted specs might be altering my perception). If you can spare the money, go for it, but it's not at all necessary.

ReputationRep:
    thanks both of you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.