Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

High Heel Shoes - How do you walk in them?! =O watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't

ReputationRep:
    Just practice at home. I was nervous about wearing heels for the first time but I just got used to it, and I know what others mean about the drunk thing as well!

ReputationRep:
    Its not that difficult. You just have to totter a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    more weight on the front of the shoe, if the heels are cheap and you put your weight on the heel, they can snap off. Its best to walk on a hard surface and you must climb your stairs at home in them afew times to get used to going up/down stairs.

and remember to strut

ReputationRep:
    keep your back straight and practice in them for a month everyday while doing ridiculous things like the hoover and putting your washing out or cleaning the bathroom..you'l be a pro by the end of it..!watch fashiontv models on catwalks too..!

ReputationRep:
    This has been helpful haha, I'm buying 5" heels soon too... most I've done is 3" and can walk in them fine, perhaps i'll be fine with the others too since it's not that much of a stretch...

ReputationRep:
    Heel, toe, heel, toe, one two three, and away we go...

(I think that's from line dancing )

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT walk with your feet apart. You will look ridiculous. If you concentrate on getting one foot in front of the other, you will automatically get your hips moving in sort of the right motion, and then you just need to practise. Think tall and be confident. Try getting those angel feet things, because they help my feet to stay in the shoes a bit more so they don't slip at all, and they stop them hurting so much. Just practise A LOT.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.