Turn on thread page Beta

Reasonably priced short term insurance, under 21s? watch

ReputationRep:
    The title pretty much sums it up. I don't intend taking my car to uni come september, but I would like to see if anybody has experience insuring their car for short term periods, ie: the odd weekend or christmas holidays.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EquinoXo9)
    The title pretty much sums it up. I don't intend taking my car to uni come september, but I would like to see if anybody has experience insuring their car for short term periods, ie: the odd weekend or christmas holidays.

Cheers.
    probably the most cost effect way is to take out a policy and cancel it.

I know elephant give you 14 days to cancel a policy , minus a £40 fee.. so say you use it for a week or so, cancel having paid £60 for he month, get £20 back, job done.

not aware of any short term insurers for u25's although I'm sure they exist.

alternatively have yourself put on someone else's policy for a few days every so often, if someone back home will use the car.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be better in the long run to keep your normal insurance policy (assuming the car's in your name and you're the "keeper" of the car), since you'll clock up a no-claims bonus? If you just have temporary insurance then you'll get no NCB and be hit with much higher premiums when you leave uni and re-insure your car with a full policy.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.