Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are Most Boys so Boorish Watch

ReputationRep:
    Deleted post.

ReputationRep:
    What if some of us are not boorish? :/

But I guess but asking this I am being boorish. Still, I don't like the generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever - btw want a ticket to the gun show?

That was a joke btw :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame all of us because you chose some rubbish guys that broke your heart.

ReputationRep:
    Very hypocritical OP as not only are you generalising but you are being sexist too and doing what you hate i.e being insensitive of others feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I like men :yep:
    Lots of em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strath'(Grad)HistoryGirl)
    Why? I don't get it? It is such a turn off!!

' boorish implies rudeness of manner due to insensitiveness to others' feelings and unwillingness to be agreeable.'

There are a lot of boorish males here at TSR as well. :eek3:

Girls lets highlight all the male boorish threads here at TSR. Maybe naming and shaming boorish males will help them to change? I won't hold my breath though.
    Because it makes them friends and helps make them attractive to females.

No one likes a pushover or a pussy - well, I suppose you do.

And you fail in 3 ways:

1. You have no idea how the majority of males act, so your statement has no justification.

Boorishness= insensitivity and unagreeableness

2. If by insensitive you mean not being a pansy, then get over it, thats how many, not just men, but well rounded and fun people, act. Some people like whinging and talking about feelings constantly, others like having fun and enjoying some banter.

3. Unagreeableness - so you don't like people who disagree with you? Grow up, you surely can't be so arrogant that you think that everything you think is infallible.

ReputationRep:
    boys are willing to just say whats on their mind, we're made to be the opposite to women, im surprised you havent realised this.

ReputationRep:
    how bout we shame you for your rudeness and insensitivity to us huh..huh punk..

ReputationRep:
    Name the boring boys.
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...vil-monkey.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That's such an ugly word.

And now I just have the word "moorish" in my head, repeating over and over.

ReputationRep:
    Do people still say "boorish"? Excellent!

ReputationRep:
    unwillingness to be agreeable
    I beg to differ :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Not our fault you've chosen boorish guys to date. Infact it's yours. Review your standards.

ReputationRep:
    gosh, give guys a break
    guys can be sensitive, you would still be complaining if they were sensitive all the time
    guys have opinions like girls if you didn't know that.

girls aren't all that you know, we can be AWFUL

ReputationRep:
    Girls lets highlight all the male boorish threads here at TSR. Maybe naming and shaming boorish males will help them to change? I won't hold my breath though.
    Naming and shaming boorish boys will make them more boorish because they'll see it as a badge of honour :rolleyes:

We need another solution.

I wouldn't say most boys are boorish though. Maybe just a significant number.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get out more, SERIOUSLY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny d)
    Naming and shaming boorish boys will make them more boorish because they'll see it as a badge of honour :rolleyes:

We need another solution.

I wouldn't say most boys are boorish though. Maybe just a significant number.
    get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like that word

ReputationRep:
    There not. Your just making a generalisation based upon your limited experiences.
    /thread

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.