Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are Most Boys so Boorish watch

ReputationRep:
    It's better than them being over-sensitive.
    People shouldnt agree for the sake of agreeing.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, seems like you need to meet some new people methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey guysch im kl)
    get over yourself
    already have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I like men :yep:
    Lots of em.
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strath'(Grad)HistoryGirl)
    Why? I don't get it? It is such a turn off!!

' boorish implies rudeness of manner due to insensitiveness to others' feelings and unwillingness to be agreeable.'

There are a lot of boorish males here at TSR as well. :eek3:

Girls lets highlight all the male boorish threads here at TSR. Maybe naming and shaming boorish males will help them to change? I won't hold my breath though.
    Boo goddamn feminazi - you're just as bad as the "chauvanistic pigs" you deem men to be

we've given you equality, what else do you want?

or are you scared of the "maleocracy"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny d)
    already have.
    lol wtf is that supposed to mean?

Oh dear, I suppose by asking that and challenging your view I'm being too "boorish"

ReputationRep:
    i'm not boorish in the slight

ReputationRep:
    TSR Makes you boorish because it's full of whining women who moan about the fact this guy didn't text back, or why she always gets treated wrong, or why her boyfriend communicates with other girls, or why he is so distant, or why she cant just meet a nice lad.

It's one of the most boring things to hear, like a tape on repeat, so you generally just grow an insensitivity to it all and just start telling people to man up.

Disclaimer: Not all women, but the ones who post those topics incessantly know who they are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Good.
    I do enjoy it myself

well not literally enjoy it "myself" but you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:

3. Unagreeableness - so you don't like people who disagree with you? Grow up, you surely can't be so arrogant that you think that everything you think is infallible.
    This isn't what is implied. The connotation is that boorish people actively go out of their way to prevent harmony - they seek to be disruptive because this gives them a buzz. It's being self righteous in order to elevate yourself above others. It's much more than just disagreeing with somebody. It's about power basically.

ReputationRep:
    ok, so all men should change to suit you?

men are boorish since that's just how young guys are. i can be boorish sometimes, so who are you to stop me?

I guess being boorish is as bad as not accepting basic aspects of human beings (that people can act how they please, and nobody can control others)

ReputationRep:
    I just lurrrveee star wars. Does that make me the most boring man alive? tee hee

ReputationRep:
    This isn't what is implied. The connotation is that boorish people actively go out of their way to prevent harmony - they seek to be disruptive because this gives them a buzz. It's being self righteous in order to elevate yourself above others. It's much more than just disagreeing with somebody. It's about power basically.
    well thats not how its defined, lulz

ReputationRep:
    Well if I felt like being reductionist, and why not because it's fun to do it, I'd go for it being the result of a combination of social norms and hormones. I imagine the proper reasons would be more complex than that though.

ReputationRep:
    well thats not how its defined, lulz
    It is for anyone with a reasonable grasp of the English language. A definition is a concise explanation for something. you have to read into and unpick the individual words that make up a definition in order to fully understand it.

But there isn't much point me writing this because you'll only contest it and i'll contest you back and so on. Arguments are pointless because no-one ever actually changes their mind. All they do is fuel anger towards the other party.

ReputationRep:
    It is for anyone with a reasonable grasp of the English language. A definition is a concise explanation for something. you have to read into and unpick the individual words that make up a definition in order to fully understand it.

But there isn't much point me writing this because you'll only contest it and i'll contest you back and so on. Arguments are pointless because no-one ever actually changes their mind. All they do is fuel anger towards the other party.
    haha pussy

ReputationRep:
    haha pussy
    Love you too. nunight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strath'(Grad)HistoryGirl)
    Why? I don't get it? It is such a turn off!!

' boorish implies rudeness of manner due to insensitiveness to others' feelings and unwillingness to be agreeable.'

There are a lot of boorish males here at TSR as well. :eek3:

Girls lets highlight all the male boorish threads here at TSR. Maybe naming and shaming boorish males will help them to change? I won't hold my breath though.
    1. Gibb~ :p: jokes

ReputationRep:
    OP, Why do you even care?? Don't read it then.

Danny D, you're one of the smartest guys on this forum. I'm impressed by your skills to burn someone with excellent phrasing. Admirable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    OP, Why do you even care?? Don't read it then.

Danny D, you're one of the smartest guys on this forum. I'm impressed by your skills to burn someone with excellent phrasing. Admirable!
    Awwwww, thankeedoodles

Your English is phenomenal by the way. You write better than most English people!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.