Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out on here

I passed the Orange recruitment process last October, but I declined having been offered something better. However, it seems Orange kept my details and have a vacancy that they thought I might like to consider. I told the manager I'll call him within the week with a decision (the vacancy isn't being actively advertised).

It's for a general Sales Advisor position. If I accept I'll be required to start in August which is perfect for me, as I need to leave my current full-time job ready for September and Orange could be a nice change!

So I now have a few questions before I make my decision;
    1. What's the current pay like?
    2. What are the sales targets like?
    3. What is the staff discount like?
    4. What is Orange (as a company) like to work for?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe these will help you

http://jobs.orange.com/jobs/fiche.do...e&id=5325&open

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/vac...9619&tid=33732

salary & benefits

5.88 £

Salary as above plus pension + private healthcare + free phone with reduced staff charges + 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) + reward scheme

ReputationRep:
    Minimum wage at the one i applied for

ReputationRep:
    Oh and you get a free phone too!

Thanks the both of you for your replies, they were greatly appreciated.

Lordzola, as I take it you work(ed) there. Could you possibly help me with questions 2 and 4?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry never worked there just applied for a job there. I know you have personal and team targets, though i have no clue what they are =/ sorry i couldn't help more

(Original post by Lordzola)
    Sorry never worked there just applied for a job there. I know you have personal and team targets, though i have no clue what they are =/ sorry i couldn't help more
    Hi

That's not a problem Thanks for your help so far.

I've accepted the job, so hopefully I'll be able to report back soon. I'm sure it'll be of interest to some!

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this post. I've applied for a job at Orange in my local town. It's only for 15 hours a week, but it's much better than my current job where i'm lucky if i get 7 hours a week! :yes:

I filled in their online application thing yesterday. Got an email back today saying i'd passed the initial screening process, so had to fill in an online questionnaire thing. Filled that in, and it said i will here back from them shortly.

Really hope i passed the questionnaire thing. I have the experience from the current Retail store i'm working in, and also have qualifications in Retail and Business Studies. :p:

(Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    Just seen this post. I've applied for a job at Orange in my local town. It's only for 15 hours a week, but it's much better than my current job where i'm lucky if i get 7 hours a week! :yes:

I filled in their online application thing yesterday. Got an email back today saying i'd passed the initial screening process, so had to fill in an online questionnaire thing. Filled that in, and it said i will here back from them shortly.

Really hope i passed the questionnaire thing. I have the experience from the current Retail store i'm working in, and also have qualifications in Retail and Business Studies. :p:
    Did you have a phone interview? Or have they stopped those? (I actually had my interviews last year)

iirc, I had the online application, I then had an email saying I passed that and then a few days later I had a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was told I had passed the initial screening, and had to do an online questionnaire too (what would you do etc). I then had a call a few days later inviting me to a store interview..

I got my job (technically) without any experience (because my offer was based on my initial application ages ago)

If you have passed the first few tests, I'm sure you'll have passed the online test. I bet it's only a matter of time before you'll be called in for your store interview.

Good Luck :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Did you have a phone interview? Or have they stopped those? (I actually had my interviews last year)

iirc, I had the online application, I then had an email saying I passed that and then a few days later I had a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was told I had passed the initial screening, and had to do an online questionnaire too (what would you do etc). I then had a call a few days later inviting me to a store interview..

I got my job (technically) without any experience (because my offer was based on my initial application ages ago)

If you have passed the first few tests, I'm sure you'll have passed the online test. I bet it's only a matter of time before you'll be called in for your store interview.

Good Luck :woo:
    Nope, i've not had a phone interview.

I was just basically scrolling through the jobs on the job centre website, and there was one for Orange Retail. I clicked it and it said to fill in their online application form, which i did yesterday. Today i received an email from them saying that i had passed their initial screening process, and that they would like to invite me to fill in an online questionnaire.

I filled the online questionnaire in today, which was basically as you said - the 'what would you do in such and such a situation?' and it then said that they will get back to me in a few days to let me know the outcome.

Really hope i passed the online questionnaire, i used my knowledge of Retail from my current job and my Retail and business qualifcations, to the best of my ability.

What kind of questions did they ask you at the in-store interview?

Thanks!

Nope, i've not had a phone interview.

I was just basically scrolling through the jobs on the job centre website, and there was one for Orange Retail. I clicked it and it said to fill in their online application form, which i did yesterday. Today i received an email from them saying that i had passed their initial screening process, and that they would like to invite me to fill in an online questionnaire.

I filled the online questionnaire in today, which was basically as you said - the 'what would you do in such and such a situation?' and it then said that they will get back to me in a few days to let me know the outcome.

Really hope i passed the online questionnaire, i used my knowledge of Retail from my current job and my Retail and business qualifcations, to the best of my ability.

What kind of questions did they ask you at the in-store interview?

Thanks!
    I'm rather surprised you haven't had a phone interview yet, unless that is in fact the second stage? and mine was simply jumbled up? I dunno!? :eek3:

I didn't really have much of an interview, it was more of a casual glimpse over my CV, a couple questions about why I wanted to work at Orange and then I was told of the date I had to start.. :eek:

I think they must have been short staffed, because everything was rushed. I've read on the internet that applying is a rather long winded process.. but my whole application was over within the week? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather surprised you haven't had a phone interview yet, unless that is in fact the second stage? and mine was simply jumbled up? I dunno!? :eek3:

I didn't really have much of an interview, it was more of a casual glimpse over my CV, a couple questions about why I wanted to work at Orange and then I was told of the date I had to start.. :eek:

I think they must have been short staffed, because everything was rushed. I've read on the internet that applying is a rather long winded process.. but my whole application was over within the week? :yes:
    What was your phone interview like? Can you remember what kind of things they asked you on that?

What was your phone interview like? Can you remember what kind of things they asked you on that?
    Mine was at like ~8am so I would be prepared for it at any time. However, I think you get told a rough time-scale of when to expect the call.

It consisted of her reading my CV (the one you would have attached during the application process), and then asking me a few questions. Most were rather generic;
    'I see you've studied xyz, how did you find that? any particular reason you chose it?'
    'Why did you apply to work at Orange?'
    'What do you think you can bring to Orange?'
    'What do you think you'll gain from working at Orange?'
    'What are your future plans?'

It wasn't anything specific about Orange. So I would avoid boring the interviewer with facts about Orange and it's history. I would save that for the store interview!

I received my uniform today (I :love: it) and have been given details for my induction ('Centre of Excellence').

Does anyone know what that ('Centre of Excellence') is? I have been given the login to the online portal; but it doesn't seem to accept my credentials?

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:

Yeah I Applied Had A Telphone Interview A Few Days Later And Filled In The Online Questionaire Thing Like 2 Weeks Ago And Still Havent Heard Back, Do You Know How Long They Roughly Take To Assess You..? I Think I Might Just Be Being A Bit Impatient lol =] & Do You Know If I Could Apply For Another Job There Cause Technically I Havent Been Unsuccessful

(Original post by Supreme_being24)
    Yeah I Applied Had A Telphone Interview A Few Days Later And Filled In The Online Questionaire Thing Like 2 Weeks Ago And Still Havent Heard Back, Do You Know How Long They Roughly Take To Assess You..? I Think I Might Just Be Being A Bit Impatient lol =] & Do You Know If I Could Apply For Another Job There Cause Technically I Havent Been Unsuccessful
    From what I understand, after you've had the telephone interview, within ~7 days you'll be informed by email (and/or phone call) that you've been successful and you'll be invited to an interview.

If you haven't heard back yet, I would check your status online or call the central HR directly. Because Orange are rather good with their updates and will let you know directly if you were successful or not..

If there is another position available online, then I guess there is no harm in applying. But remember, Orange's applications are handled by a human (so not sifted via a computer), so if it's for the same store or same area, then the chances are the agent will see both applications and query it with you; either closing the first, or the second, or both.

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand, after you've had the telephone interview, within ~7 days you'll be informed by email (and/or phone call) that you've been successful and you'll be invited to an interview.

If you haven't heard back yet, I would check your status online or call the central HR directly. Because Orange are rather good with their updates and will let you know directly if you were successful or not..

If there is another position available online, then I guess there is no harm in applying. But remember, Orange's applications are handled by a human (so not sifted via a computer), so if it's for the same store or same area, then the chances are the agent will see both applications and query it with you; either closing the first, or the second, or both.
    Hey do you know how long they take to contact you? I've applied online, and was wondering. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supreme_being24)

According to the online application it does say if you've applied for a role within the last 6 months you can't be put through for another, but assuming you've not 'failed' anything, and you've been 'withdrawn' then it should be ok. They seem to be using the same version of the stepstones recruitment system that boots do, and that's how it was with theirs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ourkid)
    According to the online application it does say if you've applied for a role within the last 6 months you can't be put through for another, but assuming you've not 'failed' anything, and you've been 'withdrawn' then it should be ok. They seem to be using the same version of the stepstones recruitment system that boots do, and that's how it was with theirs!

Do you know how long they take to reply after applying online?

(Original post by jazzy_246)
    Hey do you know how long they take to contact you? I've applied online, and was wondering. Thanks!
    If you have passed the initial screening, you'll be emailed within ~3 days and then be contacted to arrange a telephone interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.