Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well with my first application, I applied a bit early, cause i did it so I could work as soon as I get back to uni... But, some woman rang me back at like 8:30am the next morning asking when I could go into store for an interview. I got withdrawn from it because they wanted someone to start immediately.

It takes time though; I've worked in a similar recruitment system, and it depends on a few things - the closing date of the vacancy, the urgency of the position (some stores have multiple people go away/maternity etc, as was probably the case with mine), as well as the number of candidates that apply, the criteria they're looking to fulfill, whether the people sorting the candidates out are solely dedicated on sifting candidates... So many variables, so really don't worry; just because you've not heard yet doesn't mean bad news.... BUT just keep applying for other jobs with different companies anyway just in case it is.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    If you have passed the initial screening, you'll be emailed within ~3 days and then be contacted to arrange a telephone interview.
    Is the initial screening the application form online? :confused:

(Original post by jazzy_246)
    Is the initial screening the application form online? :confused:
    I think there are ~4 parts to the application process.

1. Online Application and Basic Screening (What do you believe are the key skills and behaviours to demonstrate when interacting with a customer?)
    2. Sales Advisors Talent Screener (Multiple Choice)
    3. Telephone Interview (Generic Phone Interview)
    4. In-store Interview

Parts 2 and 3 vary, I know some people have had the screener before the phone interview. I had my screener after the phone interview.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are ~4 parts to the application process.

1. Online Application and Basic Screening (What do you believe are the key skills and behaviours to demonstrate when interacting with a customer?)
    2. Sales Advisors Talent Screener (Multiple Choice)
    3. Telephone Interview (Generic Phone Interview)
    4. In-store Interview

Parts 2 and 3 vary, I know some people have had the screener before the phone interview. I had my screener after the phone interview.
    So....Part 1 is the initial screening? Lol, yeah I answered those questions So shall I wait three days? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview on Tuesday! I filled out the online application, then did the talent screener thing, then about a week later I got a phonecall asking me to come in for an in-store interview. I never had an interview over the phone.

Does anybody have any tips for the in-store interview?

Also, this is a bit of a strange question but I have a nose ring, should I change it for a stud for the interview so it looks a tiny bit "smarter"? Do Orange have a strict policy on facial piercings?

(Original post by banannah)
    I've got an interview on Tuesday! I filled out the online application, then did the talent screener thing, then about a week later I got a phonecall asking me to come in for an in-store interview. I never had an interview over the phone.

Also, this is a bit of a strange question but I have a nose ring, should I change it for a stud for the interview so it looks a tiny bit "smarter"? Do Orange have a strict policy on facial piercings?
    Hi,

Unfortunately, TSR rules don't allow the posting of interview questions ect of the forum. However, you're free to PM if you wish.

I'm not too sure on the policy on piercings, however, I would put a stud in for the sake of coming across as 'smart'.

So....Part 1 is the initial screening? Lol, yeah I answered those questions So shall I wait three days? :woo:
    So you haven't had a phone interview and/or done the multiple-choice online test?

If you haven't, then I would wait a further couple of days (give it until Tuesday) as all applications are manually checked by the local recruitment advisor, I know a lot of stores are hiring at the moment, so there is perhaps a backlog of applications.

ReputationRep:
    So you haven't had a phone interview and/or done the multiple-choice online test?

If you haven't, then I would wait a further couple of days (give it until Tuesday) as all applications are manually checked by the local recruitment advisor, I know a lot of stores are hiring at the moment, so there is perhaps a backlog of applications.

I've only applied online and answered those two questions.
    It's tuesday, and I still havn't heard anything :confused: Do they expect expert answers on those two questions? :confused:

I've only applied online and answered those two questions.
    It's tuesday, and I still havn't heard anything :confused: Do they expect expert answers on those two questions? :confused:
    I'm not sure if they require 'expert' answers to them, but I know they are read by the regional recruitment advisor - the person/team that handles applications for your area.

If you haven't heard anything yet, then chances are they are still shortlisting for candidates to invite for a phone interview/talent screener.

However, should you not get the position, or your application not be taken further, you WILL get an email or phone call.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if they require 'expert' answers to them, but I know they are read by the regional recruitment advisor - the person/team that handles applications for your area.

If you haven't heard anything yet, then chances are they are still shortlisting for candidates to invite for a phone interview/talent screener.

However, should you not get the position, or your application not be taken further, you WILL get an email or phone call.
    What do you mean by short-listing for candidates? How much did you write for the two questions? Did you get in?

What do you mean by short-listing for candidates? How much did you write for the two questions? Did you get in?
    I mean, with unemployment being the way it is at the moment, chances are there would have been a fair few applications for this one position. Because of this, each one needs to be sifted through for people to be taking to the next stage (phone interview/online screener).

I wrote (iirc) about ~3 paragraphs for each of the questions. I admit, it was rather long, but when I applied, I had a fair bit of experience behind me - so I tried my best to make sure I got a bit of everything in.

Yes. I did get offered the position.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, with unemployment being the way it is at the moment, chances are there would have been a fair few applications for this one position. Because of this, each one needs to be sifted through for people to be taking to the next stage (phone interview/online screener).

I wrote (iirc) about ~3 paragraphs for each of the questions. I admit, it was rather long, but when I applied, I had a fair bit of experience behind me - so I tried my best to make sure I got a bit of everything in.

Yes. I did get offered the position.
    What do you mean by iirc? Should I wait until tomorrow for them to reply then?

What do you mean by iirc? Should I wait until tomorrow for them to reply then?
    iirc = If I remember Correctly.

Although I did mention in a previous message that they're normally quick to contact you, if you haven't heard back by tomorrow, it doesn't necessarily mean that you've not been successful. They're perhaps still going through the applications individually.

If it helps, and you have your job reference SAxxxxxx, you can contact the Recruitment Team directly; 07973100292.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me?

i applied for orange sales advisor on sunday, i got an email this morning saying that i have passed the initial screening process and they asked me to take a questionairre, ive also taken that today and was just wondering how long does it take for them to get back to you about a further interview .. etc?.

(Original post by caleyy)
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me?

i applied for orange sales advisor on sunday, i got an email this morning saying that i have passed the initial screening process and they asked me to take a questionairre, ive also taken that today and was just wondering how long does it take for them to get back to you about a further interview .. etc?.
    It shouldn't be too long. Once you've passed the questionnaire (which is the actual screening process), you'll be contacted within the week(*) to either schedule a phone interview, or a store interview.

In most cases, you'll be given a phone interview first. However, it's not always scheduled. So be prepared for it at any time.

If you make it to the phone interview, if you pass it, you'll be scheduled for a store interview over the phone at the end of the call.

(*) On average, it shouldn't take more than a week. Orange is rather organised when it comes to recruitment, and as the applications are handled by dedicated regional teams, you'll definitely be kept updated on the progress. It is however worth noting, that due to the influx of applications for every position, in every company, it can take slightly longer to sift through applications.

ReputationRep:
    Got booked in for an interview this morning in store - one to one with a manager for an hour doing role play! kinky!

Could use the secure and quick cash generation a hourly wage gives!

Anny tips/advice for the store interview?? thanks!

(Original post by Ourkid)
    Got booked in for an interview this morning in store - one to one with a manager for an hour doing role play! kinky!

Could use the secure and quick cash generation a hourly wage gives!

Anny tips/advice for the store interview?? thanks!
    How did it go?

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?
    I thought it went okay, although when I got there they told me there'd been a problem with the network and they didn't have my CV so I had to spend 10 mins describing my life! The roleplay went well, I thought.

Got an email the other day saying the position had been filled They did say that they're still very interested in my application and will keep my details on file if anything else comes up, is that actually true or do they just say it to everyone?

I thought it went okay, although when I got there they told me there'd been a problem with the network and they didn't have my CV so I had to spend 10 mins describing my life! The roleplay went well, I thought.

Got an email the other day saying the position had been filled They did say that they're still very interested in my application and will keep my details on file if anything else comes up, is that actually true or do they just say it to everyone?
    If you've been emailed saying that your details will be kept on file, chances are that you've been 'banked'. Unfortunately however, it would appear HR aren't proactive in matching new roles to old candidates and therefore it lies with you to contact HR should you see a suitable vacancy appear.

I know for a fact that not everyone gets that email. A lad that I used to go to school with applied when I did (last year) and when I got the position, he got the generic; 'you weren't successful'. Because I didn't take it (then) the position was offered to someone else (no doubt another candidate that had been 'banked').

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.