Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i had an interview on wednesday 2nd september and the mangager said to me that i will informed on whether i have the job or not by next wednesday (9th). Is this good? i think he was impressed but i still havn't heard anything from them yet.

(Original post by caleyy)
    i had an interview on wednesday 2nd september and the mangager said to me that i will informed on whether i have the job or not by next wednesday (9th). Is this good? i think he was impressed but i still havn't heard anything from them yet.
    Orange are flexible with their interviews, and don't necessarily stop advertising once interviews are being conducted. In other words, if you've been interviewed, then there could still be other candidates waiting to be booked; and thus, a decision hasn't perhaps been made. :confused:

If you've been told you'll be contacted by the 9th, then chances are you will. If it's only to give you an update - it'll still happen. I'm not saying this purely because I work for them, but out of the companies I have experienced, their HR and Recruitment System seems the best. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    WhereIsMyMind,

What did the commission turn out to be like? I start work at an Orange store tomorrow, and while I know that the basic wage is just under £6, I wondered if the commission gives you a chance to make much more than that?

The thing is, I've also been offered a slightly better paid job in terms of basic rate with no commission. I do quite fancy the commission side of Orange though, as I think I'd do quite well, so I wondered if you could give me a heads up on the commission structure so that I can assess whether to turn down this other job.

Thanks

(Original post by olly984)
    WhereIsMyMind,

What did the commission turn out to be like? I start work at an Orange store tomorrow, and while I know that the basic wage is just under £6, I wondered if the commission gives you a chance to make much more than that?

The thing is, I've also been offered a slightly better paid job in terms of basic rate with no commission. I do quite fancy the commission side of Orange though, as I think I'd do quite well, so I wondered if you could give me a heads up on the commission structure so that I can assess whether to turn down this other job.

Thanks
    Hi Olly984

I'm not too sure on the commission structure. I'm new (:p:) and haven't had a proper retail shift (if you're new too, I take it we had training together? Stoke Building?) :confused:

But I believe it's rather high. It's something like ~30% on Contracts, ~33% on Broadband and 20% on PayandGo (incl Accessories).

If you're on a 'key time' shift (btw, Orange are incredibly flexible with shifts) then you'll have more than enough opportunities to close and gain a nice commission bonus. :p:

I'm not sure if he was making it up, but a lad that I'll be working with (he's on similar shifts to me) says he takes home in total around +£400 in bonus, combined with the basic salary, it isn't too shabby (he must be on £900+). Plus, with Xmas coming up, it'll be a sweet little earner. :yep:

I don't know where your other position is at, but Orange have a nice discount system. I haven't looked too much into it, but if you're on a contract already, or on Pay&Go, it's a nice little addition for you and family members! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I received a missed call yesterday, but I don't know who it was, so I'm thinking maybe it was orange? It was an unknown number, and I've heard that sometimes they don't tell you when they will ring you for the interview? If so, do they ring on an unknown number? Ahh should I ring the recruitment hotline?

xx

(Original post by jazzy_246)
    Hi I received a missed call yesterday, but I don't know who it was, so I'm thinking maybe it was orange? It was an unknown number, and I've heard that sometimes they don't tell you when they will ring you for the interview? If so, do they ring on an unknown number? Ahh should I ring the recruitment hotline?

xx
    afaik, Orange don't withhold their number when they call. However, Orange do schedule most of their telephone interviews; so chances are it wouldn't have been that.

It is worth noting that if Orange are unsuccessful in getting in touch, you'll be emailed with a generic; 'We have tried to contact you but have been unsuccessful. Due to this we have withdrawn your application.'.

However, there is no harm in contacting the recruitment hotline. I doubt you'll get through to the retail recruitment team (because I don't think they're there on the weekends).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    afaik, Orange don't withhold their number when they call. However, Orange do schedule most of their telephone interviews; so chances are it wouldn't have been that.

It is worth noting that if Orange are unsuccessful in getting in touch, you'll be emailed with a generic; 'We have tried to contact you but have been unsuccessful. Due to this we have withdrawn your application.'.

However, there is no harm in contacting the recruitment hotline. I doubt you'll get through to the retail recruitment team (because I don't think they're there on the weekends).

Ok thanks. Do you know when they will contact me? Is it within four days after taking the questionnaire?

(Original post by jazzy_246)
    Ok thanks. Do you know when they will contact me? Is it within four days after taking the questionnaire?
    I'm trying not to give specific time-frames. Because having spoken to a Training and Development Manager, it varies far too much. But it should be within the week (excl. weekends).

However, if you haven't heard anything in a while, I would give the recruitment hotline a call. Because if they have the ability to manually schedule you for a phone interview.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview next week. Im rather scared as the only other two interviews i have had werent proper ones, just kind of when can you work, what are you doing at uni etc.

They sent me an email with a find out more link, but im having problems opening it. Im going to try on my dads computer but can anyone tell me what it says?

(Original post by XxJaninexX)
    I have an interview next week. Im rather scared as the only other two interviews i have had werent proper ones, just kind of when can you work, what are you doing at uni etc.

They sent me an email with a find out more link, but im having problems opening it. Im going to try on my dads computer but can anyone tell me what it says?
    It includes some details about Orange; a little history. If you are still unable to open it, I'll be more than happy to PDF the pages and PM them to you

(Ps. we aren't allowed to give in-depth advice about the interviews on the forum any more, however, if you want, you can PM and I'll be happy to give you some more information about the structure etc)

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just want to know what's the recruitment process, ie once you have applied for a vacancy and they like you, do they send you to group assessment or training ?

ReputationRep:
    I just got a job with orange on Friday.
    1. Apply online
    2. Multiple Choice talent screener
    3. Telephone interview
    4. Hotel/store interview.(hotels are for the recruitment day, 4 sessions each with 6 people and you play a game watch a presentation, sell yourself in 3 minutes, a formal interview then a role play all in about one and half hours.

After all that you get a call from a store manager offering you a job from there you accept/decline and after that im not 100% about customer excellence center training because im only at the srage of waiting for my staff welcome pack so i dont know much more.

ReputationRep:
    levicrutchley, how long was it b4 u got a call back?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh its ok, just had a phone call now offering me the job!!

ReputationRep:
    What Store when do you start ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.