Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any such thing as comfortable heels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    when i wear heels i seem to be fine for approximately 10 minutes, then my feet begin to hurt like hell and consequently i spend the rest of the day walking bare footed , holding my heels. however when u see celebs some wear them all the time.... is it only because they're used to it or can they just afford to buy comfy ones? so... do comfy heels exist, and if so, which ones? links?

ReputationRep:
    Yes there are. What these shoes are will depend on your feet. And I can't link to any 'cause most of my comfy pairs I've had for aaaages.
    Wearing them more often will make the shoes comfier too.

Also, people often think more of appearance than comfort, so wear heals even when their feet hurt :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say there are comfy heels, but there are ones which are more bearable! Well made heels are often much more well fitting, and therefore do not rub/cause pain as much as their cheaper counter parts.
    When looking for comfier heels look for those with have a shorter heel. High heels cause your foot to bend more onto your toes, pushing you into an even more unusual position - causing the pain. Chunky heels also spread your weight out so there is less pressure on one area of your foot, as apposed to stilletoes. For example, wedges are amazing. Also, built in platforms under the ball of your foot decrease the amount your foot is bent without decreasing the height. Anything that straps your shoe to your foot (t-bars, ankle straps etc) are beneficial too.
    To increase the comfort of a shoe consider if it is possible to wear the shoe with tights, or use gel cushions (such as those made by Scholl - although Boots make perfectly fine copies). Try wearing the shoes around the house, or even the supermarket (this is really good since you can use the trolley to balance). Getting used to the shoes and breaking them in before a big night is really handy.

While some of these shoes are unattractive, they have attributes you should look for;
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1639946/163...ctDetails.aspx

(I have the ones below, and they are really quite comfy although I would suggest using gel cushions on the balls of your feet if you're wearing them for long periods)
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1733608/173...ctDetails.aspx

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1720818/172...ctDetails.aspx

Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    i bet there is. and it seems a topic of excitement when one has found a really comfy pair; i never understand that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaceyJJo)
    when i wear heels i seem to be fine for approximately 10 minutes, then my feet begin to hurt like hell and consequently i spend the rest of the day walking bare footed , holding my heels. however when u see celebs some wear them all the time.... is it only because they're used to it or can they just afford to buy comfy ones? so... do comfy heels exist, and if so, which ones? links?
    why do you wear heels do your have short woman's syndrome lol

ReputationRep:
    Yep! But not cheap ones. You need to be buying ones from a slightly better shoe retailer (I'm not saying you need to be buying Louboutins or anything). I have really comfy heels which work well and I can wear all night. Places like New Look I'd say are a no no for heels because they always hurt me, they never have enough padding on the ball of the foot.

E.g these, really comfy. Could wear them forever, although will cost you £45:

ReputationRep:
    ....Im not so sure I've had a few pairs okay for a few hours....but never a pair I could wear comfortably all day like a pair of boots or flat shoes or trainers

ReputationRep:
    Wedges are easier to walk in and therefore a bit comfier, but I can count the number of wedge styles I've liked on one hand.

I tend to get leather lined shoes when it's for work and I'll be in them all day. Synthetic shoes just don't just it for me, because I sweat and slide about in the shoe which makes it uncomfortable. It's softer and comfier. I also don't order heels online anymore. I need to try shoes on. I know when they're comfortable then, whether they cost £20 or £80. I usually find a thicker heel and a platform comfiest if I want higher shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaceyJJo)
    I think the celebs that wear heels all the time generally don't do that much walking :p: I'm sure we'd all wear heels all the time if we were chauffeur driven most places!! I think the more you spend, the more comfy the heels are, in general. Certainly, my comfiest heels are the most expensive pair I own :yes:

ReputationRep:
    my comfiest heels are "pick up line" from office. they're only 3" so i can wear them for a nine hour shift and be fine.
    chunky 3" or a big platform (ie 4" + 1" heel) so the amount your foot is bent is minimised. if the sole is completely flat and quite soft/thin then they're probably going to be hell to wear. gel pads or socks/tights help

ReputationRep:
    My Vivienne Westwood heels are ridiculously comfortable. I reckon it's 'you get what you pay for'. I've never heard anyone complain that their Louboutins are hurting them lol.

ReputationRep:
    Wedges and Espadrilles are more comfortable...
    But the more you wear a pair of heels the more you get used to them, I guess

ReputationRep:
    I find mine comfortable but as someone has said, you get what you pay for. I pay a lot more for shoes than other accessories and such as then they last me ages and are often soo comfy.

ReputationRep:
    It's all dependent on the shoe. I've found that thicker heels and platforms are a lot more comfortable then say a 4 inch stilleto. Also, because i have wide feet and the only place i've found that sells wide fit heels is new look, which is the lord of crap shoes after primark, so the lack off padding ect in their shoes make my feet die. i want custome shoes

ReputationRep:
    don't get cheap ones.
    KG do really comfy ones.

ReputationRep:
    no pair of heels are gonna be as comfortable as flats...you can't realistically find a pair that aren't gonna hurt your feet no matter how long you wear them..

ReputationRep:
    Most of mine are very comfortable, apart from a patent leather pair with 5 inch heels, which should be used as a torture device.

ReputationRep:
    yes all my heels are so comfy and theyre all from the high street (dorothy perkins, evans, priceless shoes!), if you want comfort you should try evans

ReputationRep:
    All my heels are comfortable, and since ive gotten used to wearing heels constantly i feel awkward and uncomfortable in flats. I find that i get used to a pair of heels arfter about 30 mins of wearing them.

I have found that heels from french connection and kurt geiger are far more comfy than ones from the likes of new look, River island etc... generally the more expensive they are the more comfortable, because the design is more thought out.

My favourite pair of heels atm, so so comfy i own them in the black and in the multcoloured:
    http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/99763-kg-harlow

ReputationRep:
    Evans are good for wide fit heels. They're really comfy too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.