Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done a gap year in New Zealand recently,I'm looking into the possibility of getting a work/holiday visa and spending some time working and then on an island tour bus such as 'flying kiwi'.

any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I spent the majority of my gap year 07/08 working and living in NZ - see some of my previous posts in threadshere and here. It's a great country to visit, easy to travel around, fairly affordable and absolutely stunning! There obviously won't be quite as many jobs around as there were a few years back, but I'm sure there's still casual work out there if you're open to doing pretty much anything i.e. temp admin stuff, farm work (including fruit picking), au pairing, etc.

Even if you don't read my other posts, I just wanted to strongly recommend buying a car if you go live out there, it was the best thing I did.

ReputationRep:
    spent about month 1/2 there. Great place, v.beautiful. Slight warning met quite a few people who went to work and they found it pretty hard, the odd jobs but mostly working for accomodation in hostels rather than earning. Was the midst of recession but just a slight warning, still give it a go.

I went for a coach pass with Kiwi Experience. While I wouldnt do it again, was a bit school trippy, its good to get the whole country done in limited time. Getting a car would be fantastic, some great driving country.
    Anyway, really loved it. Definitely go there even if you can't find work.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.