Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance says its not Income Assessed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone's having the same problem...

I filled out the form asking for the basic tuition and maintenance loans and the income assessed grant, my mum and dad were slow sending their forms off, but finally sent them off early June.

I received the assessment detail, which only had the basic loans on, but I just assumed that they were being a bit slack and it would be updated - but I've checked online and in the Assessment summary it says:

Assessment Status Approved
    Assessment Date 23/07/2009
    Assessment Type Not Based on Household Income

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College

Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance: No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support

Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £3225.00

Are they just being slack, or have they cocked it up entirely? I have sent in a change of circumstance form after my parents sent evidence to change my course details, which have been updated :\

ReputationRep:
    hang in there for another week and keep checking your correspondence
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm also in a similar situation... I'm trying to apply for income assessed: travel expenses and a young student's bursary but I can't because they haven't scanned in the pissing documents/not received it, but they should have as I sent it last week. :rolleyes:

Like above, give it a few days to a week, this is the busiest time for Student Finances/SAAS.

ReputationRep:
    DON'T WAIT. I had the exact same problem, applied for non-income and income assessed support and got confirmation of the non-income assessed support but nothing about the income assessed support. I waited a while thinking it would follow before phoning up. It turned out they had no record of my applying for income assessed support. They sent me a form to fill out and I know have confirmation. Basically, I would phone and clarify.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible system. I got about 3 letters urging me to send off the financial info, telling me it wasn't income assessed etc.

Rung them up, they had received it all and it was being assessed...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was in the same situation, as a soon to be fresher i was a bit worried, but my mum phoned them up, and they told us there was a backlog; they were just sending out the basic amount of support to everyone just as an insurance so you get some form of financial help for the start of uni, but within a week i got the financially assessed 'final' form back = grants and stuff :beer: so dont worry about it too much

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    if anyone's read the threads on here, everyone is being non0income assessed for now.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Really? Hopefully that's all that's wrong with mine at the moment. I checked my correspondence and it says they have sent me a Notification letter last Thursday which I haven't received yet...

I'll wait until the end of the week and see what the letter says, and then try ringing them, again D: (Honestly, if I have to listen to the sodding Streets one more time I'm going to scream).

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll keep this thread updated with what's happening

ReputationRep:
    It's not just you. i got 4 or 5 incorrect breakdowns before they sent the right one. They are really backed up so I was getting a letter two days after I'd phoned, that had been printed two weeks ago.

Very frustrating. But just phone them and they will make a log of what you are after and you will get teh cash eventually.

ReputationRep:
    my application says the same thing, and ive sent off all my income information and they sent it back to me so they have processed it, and then after getting all this they sent me a financial notification letter telling me its not financially assessed?? do i need to change anything or is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation. I think mine is slightly different though because I applied last year before it was this company. When I registered again this year they said that they had all my details and that I didn't need to resend anything but my Dad's details changed so he sent them. I got the general form through which said they didn't have evidence. I rang them and they were like no it's just standard blah blah blah. I got my letter saying I have got the basic loan rang through to them and they said they need me to resend everything again and its going to be delayed. They are a joke!!!! So as others have said ring them and find out what is really going on because for me it was about three phone calls later before I got someone who actually listened to what I asked for. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation as you guys, been at uni for a month and realised nothing apart from my two loans had come through. Went on to direct.gov to see if any grants/bursaries were being payed in to it. Turns out NONE! says my application is non income assessed even though my parents sent off income stuff months ago!
    Now dont know if im going to get this bursary. Im entitled to about 2000 i think. ridiculous I have no money at all. My loan doesn't cover my rent!
    and on my profile on direct.gov there is no correspondance thing so cant send them a message. sure in hell not gonna ring them up wasted money and time ringing only to be put on hold for 45 mins a time.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.